No announcement yet.

After upgrading to HS4 I can longer get it to login to hsbuddy server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ticket is advised, if you were working before the upgrade there is nothing blocking communication from your side. Suspect there is a registry issues on the HomeSeer side. .. This assumes nothing is display on http://find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/

- CoyoteRay

Comment

Has anyone here gotten this to work? I recently upgraded to HS4 and cannot log in remotely with HSBuddy. I can log in remotely with Homeseer Mobile and myHS, just not HSBuddy. I can access with HSBuddy locally, but I really miss the geofencing. I submitted a ticket but they asked if it might be a firewall issue since myHS works. I shut it down, but still no connection. The error says the request timed out. Details are "Address (blank), status 1. Everything worked fine with HS3. Any ideas?
      Last edited by Kevb; October 25, 2020, 05:28 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
        Has anyone here gotten this to work? I recently upgraded to HS4 and cannot log in remotely with HSBuddy. I can log in remotely with Homeseer Mobile and myHS, just not HSBuddy. I can access with HSBuddy locally, but I really miss the geofencing. I submitted a ticket but they asked if it might be a firewall issue since myHS works. Everything worked fine with HS3. Any ideas?
        Did you try shutting down your firewall and testing?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, still didn't connect. sorry, I'll update my post...

Comment

Have any of you guys contacted the plugin author via PM's for assistance. This can't be that hard to fix.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

HSBuddy started working remotely for me this morning. Not sure why, I didn't change anything. Glad it's working!

Comment

HI everyone,

I had the same problem. I just changed the password on myhs and it worked for me. Obviously you will need to change the PW on the homeseer server too.

I did try changing it all back to the previous PW I had before with HS3 but it wouldn't work again. All very strange but I'm happy its all working now.

Comment

Working...
                X