After upgrading to HS4 I can longer get it to login to hsbuddy server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After upgrading to HS4 I can longer get it to login to hsbuddy server

I just upgraded from HS3 Pro to the latest version of HS4 pro. All went pretty well with the exception of myhs access. My initial trouble was an inability to login into myhs account. After resetting the password, I could login to myhs. The next step was to get the 2 amazon echo skills working which of course, required logging into myhs. That was solved by setting the myhs user id and password into HS4 and re-loading HS4. The last problem is with hsbuddy. I have set the server login and password to myhs login and password. It "sees" the HS4 server but gives a plugin error. I am attaching a screen shot after using the "test default connection" button from my phone. So right now, I can log into myhs through the browser, I can use the 2 alexa skills, but cannot use hsbuddy. The hsbuddy version is 3.16.610.16.

​ ​​​​​​​

Hello!

Unfortunately the attachments don’t show up for me, not sure why. Could you send a feedback request from the app after trying the connection test?

Just to make sure, the HSBuddy plug-in shows as running OK in the plug-in management page, the HSBuddy configuration pages show and load ok, and there aren’t any errors in the HS4 log right after testing the connection from the app?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I further reduced the screen shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_HSBuddy4.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1395101

Comment

Update... The same error screen pops up when I check the "local connection", fill in the username, password, and hostname, and then click on "Test Local Connection";

Comment

Have the same problem after upgrading to HS4.
          I have always had same username (email address) as both my local and myhs username, and the password is the same. (I thought this was a replicated user actually)

Hsbuddy works if I set it to connect directly.

Comment

Perhaps obvious but Is myths pointed to the HS4 license, I've also seen in other threads that going into myths and changing the password even too the same password has worked for some people and I believe your HS4 user that is the same as myths has to be an admin.

Comment

Same problem here after upgrade. I can log in to MyHS,homeseer.com with same email/password. I have changed the password. I have deleted the user and re-added. MyHS points to the new HS4Pro system. I am at a loss. It just times out.

Comment

Here is what I see in the log, I actually receive the log in HSBuddy (current). It fails to turn on geolocation as well

9/7/2020 4:01:03 PM

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 42, Monday September 7, 2020 16:01,

9/7/2020 4:00:02 PM

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 42, Monday September 7, 2020 16:00,

9/7/2020 3:59:46 PM

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 144, , 74.7

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 153, , 72.3

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 157, , 73.6

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 139, , 73.7

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 135, , 57

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 127, , 73.5

9/7/2020 3:59:04 PM

Legacy-Plugin/Script
                HSBuddy
                Inserting device change: 42, Monday September 7, 2020 15:59,

Comment

MyHS access is enabled in Setup/Network in HS4 ? I can't remember if that defaults to enabled when installed.

Comment

Myhs is enabled. I can log in through MyHS. Under manage it just shows my HS4Pro license, which is the only system. I have deleted the password. The user etc..if I go direct and forward port 80, it works. But then everyone was trying to hack it.
                    Also homeseer mobile works

Comment

I’m at a loss- did you delete and re-install HS Buddy or at least reboot the app. Which platform for HS Buddy ?

Comment

Just deleted the plug in and re-installed. Removed HSbuddy from my phone, re-installed. When it said it found back ups of config, I DID NOT let it copy them, I started from scratch
                        Android platform. (2 different phones)

Status 1, The Request Timed Out

I have deleted the cached Data, deleted the 2 phones from the plug in. Every option I can think of

Kinda sucks, Before the upgrade, it was set so that if both phones left the house, it would arm the alarm. If either phone came home, it would disarm the alarm, open the gate and open the garage door.

Comment

Have same problem, lokaly it works but not external, it finds home seer but not HSBuddy

//Jens

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a similar issue after upgrading from HS3 to HS4, once I got https://myhs.homeseer.com/ -> "Access system" to work everything fell into place. I could "manage account" through myhs but could not connect. Re-registering my HS4 ZEE S2 fixed the issue. I know this is silly but, login as the account locally to ensure the username and password are the same as myhs. Apologize if you did not already and I missed it.

- CoyoteRay

Comment

Has anyone come up with a solution to this? I have ensured that my MyHS username and password matches an admin username and password in my system. I also re-registered my new HS4 system in my MyHS account. Still getting the same error in the HSBuddy app when trying to connect using the MyHomeSeer connection method. I can connect on the local LAN no problem. Keep getting the following JSON error from the app:

​​​​​​{"status":200,"data":"HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nAccept-Ranges: bytes\r\nContent-Length: 211\r\n\r\n<html><head><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5; url=https://myhs.homeseer.com/\" /></head><body<br><b>Cannot connect to system, might be offline.</b></br><br><br>Redirecting to Log In page...<br></body></html>","headers":{"server":"Microsoft-IIS/8.5","content-type":"text/html; charset=utf-8","x-powered-by":"ASP.NET","date":"Thu, 01 Oct 2020 02:29:12 GMT","content-length":"273","cache-control":"private","x-aspnet-version":"4.0.30319"},"url":"https://connected2.homeseer.com/JSON?request=hsversion"}

Any ideas? If not I'll open a ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X