HS Buddy stop contacting to my homeseer HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Buddy stop contacting to my homeseer HS4

Hello my HS Buddy stop contacting to my homeseer this is the first time this has happen but i am thinking its HS4 problem. My wife and kids have there own hsbuddy login and theres not working as well. I did not change anything in my HSBuddy it just stop connecting to homeseer.
    Can anyone please advise

Hello. I’ve seen some trouble connecting to HS4 via MyHomeSeer which started at some recent version because it requires the username and password. So, the first think to check is that the usernames and passwords that you use in MyHomeSeer are also added as users with same username and password in your HS4 server. Make sure those users aren’t guests, and that they have access to devices and events (cameras too if you use that feature).

If that doesn’t help, can you try a Test Connection from the Server:Connection screen in the app. That may give you an additional idea of what’s going on. If that doesn’t help, after running Test Connection try sending a Feedback Report from the app.

Comment

Hi Avargaskun

I had a further look into the problem with HSBuddy on Direct connection to my Homeseer server it WORKS fine the problems is when trying to connect HSBuddy via MYHS i am getting (( the request timed out)) I have checked my information on myhs.homeseer.com IE password / user name all seem to be ok but still getting timed out on the app.
      I have the same user name and password across my HomeSeer server and myhs so in short it looks like a problem with the HSBuddy connecting to MYHS servers.
      On my Homeseer Server HSBuddy Registered Clients saying last seen 2 days ago this is for my phone the wife etc, two days ago is when I UPDATED to HS4 I am 90% sure theres a problem here with HS4 / MYHS / HSBuddy connectivity.
      I have sent a few Feedback Report from the app already and all users are either admin or normal user so thats not the problem remember I mentioned that before the upgrade to HS4 everything was working fine in HS3 and i did not change any of the settings either before or after the upgrade.

I wonder if theres more people having this problem or its just me ?

Comment

Originally posted by orlando View Post
        Hi Avargaskun

I had a further look into the problem with HSBuddy on Direct connection to my Homeseer server it WORKS fine the problems is when trying to connect HSBuddy via MYHS i am getting (( the request timed out)) I have checked my information on myhs.homeseer.com IE password / user name all seem to be ok but still getting timed out on the app.
        I have the same user name and password across my HomeSeer server and myhs so in short it looks like a problem with the HSBuddy connecting to MYHS servers.
        On my Homeseer Server HSBuddy Registered Clients saying last seen 2 days ago this is for my phone the wife etc, two days ago is when I UPDATED to HS4 I am 90% sure theres a problem here with HS4 / MYHS / HSBuddy connectivity.
        I have sent a few Feedback Report from the app already and all users are either admin or normal user so thats not the problem remember I mentioned that before the upgrade to HS4 everything was working fine in HS3 and i did not change any of the settings either before or after the upgrade.

I wonder if theres more people having this problem or its just me ?
        I have the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
          Hello. I’ve seen some trouble connecting to HS4 via MyHomeSeer which started at some recent version because it requires the username and password. So, the first think to check is that the usernames and passwords that you use in MyHomeSeer are also added as users with same username and password in your HS4 server. Make sure those users aren’t guests, and that they have access to devices and events (cameras too if you use that feature).

If that doesn’t help, can you try a Test Connection from the Server:Connection screen in the app. That may give you an additional idea of what’s going on. If that doesn’t help, after running Test Connection try sending a Feedback Report from the app.
          Same hear.

Comment

Thanks all for the reports.

What version of HS4 are you running? I just tried connecting via MyHomeSeer to a HS4 Linux controller running v4.0.8.0 and it worked fine. If you are running a newer version I would like to test against that version as a next step.

Hopefully we can resolve this quickly. Thanks!

Comment

What version of HS4 are you running? I just tried connecting via MyHomeSeer to a HS4 Linux controller running v4.0.8.0 and it worked fine. If you are running a newer version I would like to test against that version as a next step.

HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.0.0 (Windows)

Comment

Hi I am running HS4 PRO 4.1.0.0 on
                Windows 10 (( Version: 1909 )) (( OS Build: 18363900 ))

Comment

HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.0.0 (Windows) here aswell

Comment

Hey folks. I installed HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.0.0 on Windows and ran some tests with and without the plug-in installed, connecting via MyHS. I did not see any connection errors and devices worked fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4-Test.png
Views:	352
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	1400349

I did this using the admin account that was created as part of installation of HS4. I setup a new MyHS account using exactly the same email/password as I did during HS4 install.

Name:	HS4-User.png
Views:	271
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1400350

Ok, let's basic stuff out of the way. Can you help me do/confirm the following:
                    1. You have used the same email and password in your MyHS account as well as in your HS4 configuration
                    2. The HS4 server is either your primary or only system in your MyHS account
                    3. The account with that email/password in the HS4 server is marked as admin (see picture above)
                    4. You can log into this system by going to https://myhs.homeseer.com/ entering the same email and password
                    If you can do/confirm all 4 steps above and HSBuddy still fails to connect, let me know. I will follow up via PM to dig deeper.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey folks. I installed HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.0.0 on Windows and ran some tests with and without the plug-in installed, connecting via MyHS. I did not see any connection errors and devices worked fine.

Name:	HS4-Test.png
Views:	352
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	1400349

I did this using the admin account that was created as part of installation of HS4. I setup a new MyHS account using exactly the same email/password as I did during HS4 install.

Name:	HS4-User.png
Views:	271
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1400350

1. You have used the same email and password in your MyHS account as well as in your HS4 configuration
                      3. The account with that email/password in the HS4 server is marked as admin (see picture above)
                      4. You can log into this system by going to https://myhs.homeseer.com/ entering the same email and password
                      If you can do/confirm all 4 steps above and HSBuddy still fails to connect, let me know. I will follow up via PM to dig deeper.

Thanks!
                      1. Yes
                      2. Yes hs4 only system
                      3. Yes is marked AS admin
                      4 yes

I test again for the 100 time and Now it work. I didnt do anything. Strange, but Nice Thank you for support 👍👍

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1400349[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1400350[/ATTACH]

Thanks!
                        Hi its working now and i changed nothing other than from Direct to --> MyHomeSeer so what ever you done worked 100% thank you for looking into this

Comment

Originally posted by mariusken View Post

1. Yes
                          2. Yes hs4 only system
                          3. Yes is marked AS admin
                          4 yes

I test again for the 100 time and Now it work. I didnt do anything. Strange, but Nice Thank you for support 👍👍
                          Thanks for the update! Baxe - has your access via MyHS been restored as well? If not, please take a look at the 4 points from my earlier post.

Comment

Originally posted by orlando View Post

Hi its working now and i changed nothing other than from Direct to --> MyHomeSeer so what ever you done worked 100% thank you for looking into this
                            Thanks for the update as well. To be honest, I actually didn't do anything It may have been a transient issue in MyHS.

Comment

Thanks for the update as well. To be honest, I actually didn't do anything It may have been a transient issue in MyHS.
                              Well thank you for looking into the matter I hope the others have there’s up and working as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X