Hsbuddy not working after upgrade to HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hsbuddy not working after upgrade to HS4

I upgraded to HS4 yesterday and everything works great except hsbuddy. I get a "request timed out" when trying to test and save connection to server through myhs for both Homeseer and hsbuddy plugin.
    hsbuddy plugin is okay in homeseer, I can connect to myhs no problem, I tried uninstalling app and reinstall still the same...
    I have this issue on both my phone and my girlfriend's phone.
    before the upgrade it worked fine...
    Any ideas on what I should try to do?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by paslag View Post
    I upgraded to HS4 yesterday and everything works great except hsbuddy. I get a "request timed out" when trying to test and save connection to server through myhs for both Homeseer and hsbuddy plugin.
    hsbuddy plugin is okay in homeseer, I can connect to myhs no problem, I tried uninstalling app and reinstall still the same...
    I have this issue on both my phone and my girlfriend's phone.
    before the upgrade it worked fine...
    Any ideas on what I should try to do?
    Thanks!
    Have you log in to MyHS and change the license to HS4 license ?

https://myhs.homeseer.com/

Comment

paslag If you are able to log-in into myhs.homeseer.com using the same user/password that you've used in HSB and everything works, then, from the app:
      1. Go to the Feedback section of the menu
      2. Make sure 'Submit application logs' and 'Include debug information' are both turned on
      3. Go to the Server section of the menu, in the Connection tab
      4. Hit 'Test and Save'
      5. Go back to Feedback section and hit 'Send feedback', complete the submission process.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
        paslag If you are able to log-in into myhs.homeseer.com using the same user/password that you've used in HSB and everything works, then, from the app:
        1. Go to the Feedback section of the menu
        2. Make sure 'Submit application logs' and 'Include debug information' are both turned on
        3. Go to the Server section of the menu, in the Connection tab
        4. Hit 'Test and Save'
        5. Go back to Feedback section and hit 'Send feedback', complete the submission process.
        Thanks!
        Done!
        thanks!

Comment

Done!
          thanks!
          Thank you for sending the logs. From what I could see, all requests to myhs were taking ~15 seconds and failing with a timeout. It could either be a connectivity issue in the phone or perhaps myhs was having issues at the time. Were you able at the time you run these tests to log into myhs from the same phone where HSBuddy was running?

Btw, a new version of HSB was released this weekend which will let you see the response from myhs from the result screen after hitting 'Test and Save'. Could you grab the new version and run the tests again? From the results screen you can copy the contents by tapping on the button at the top-left of the screen, or you can grab a screenshot of the results. If you can provide the results here we can dig further.

Here's an example of what the new screens look like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.PNG
Views:	684
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	1402173Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.PNG
Views:	766
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	1402172

Thanks!

Comment

Yes I can log into myhs while hs buddy is not working...
            this is what I get
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes I can log into myhs while hs buddy is not working...
              this is what I get
              Thanks for the update. This error means the app could not reach myhs. Perhaps the problem is not myhs but with the phone connection. If you open this address from the same phone's web browser: https://connected2.homeseer.com/ do you get a prompt for username and password?

Comment

[QUOTE=avargaskun;n1402227]

Thanks for the update. This error means the app could not reach myhs. Perhaps the problem is not myhs but with the phone connection. If you open this address from the same phone's web browser: https://connected2.homeseer.com/ do you get a prompt for username

No it connects directly to myhs

Comment

Okay I logged out of that page and now I get a request timed out when I click the link

Comment

I am also having this same issue. I can log into MYHS on the iPhone in question, but HS buddy times out.

Comment

Hey guys, take a look at the iOS App zHome. IMHO it beats the heck out of any other HomeSeer App for the iPhone. Also, Dan, its developer is super and very responsive. I gave up on HSBuddy, Imperihome and what not... zHome is on the iOS App Store.

Sami

Comment

Until the zhome dev starts to insult people

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                          Until the zhome dev starts to insult people
                          On the contrary I have found Dan to be very friendly and responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by sami View Post
                            Hey guys, take a look at the iOS App zHome. IMHO it beats the heck out of any other HomeSeer App for the iPhone. Also, Dan, its developer is super and very responsive. I gave up on HSBuddy, Imperihome and what not... zHome is on the iOS App Store.
                            HSBuddy was awesome and its developer insanely responsive to fixes and improvements - blows me away the quality of his work and boggles my mind he wasn't charging for it, so gave him a bunch of donates.

But that said, avargaskun has been offline for a few months now and some further work he was doing has come to a grinding halt - so I am quite worried what the future of HSBuddy is Starting to think I need to bite the bullet and just create something myself with NodeRed, but I'd be inventing the wheel from the ground up which seems a tremendous shame when HSBuddy was 98% there.

Comment

I'll use HSBuddy locally, but with it not working remotely, I miss the geofencing, which was rock solid for me. I recently starting using Alexa routines with location, and it seems to be working well. HSBuddy was great, though. I hope Avargaskun is ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X