This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server connection issues

Starting a sticky thread to consolidate the conversation on connectivity issues between HSBuddy and HomeSeer.

If you are running into trouble connecting to HomeSeer, make sure to read and follow these points:
    1. If your server is running HS4 make sure you have updated to the latest available version (4.1.1.0 or newer)
    2. If you are connecting via MyHomeSeer, make sure you have a user in HS3/HS4 that has the same email and password as what you use to connect to MyHomeSeer
    3. If you are connecting via MyHomeSeer, make sure your HS3/HS4 server is either your primary or your only system in your MyHomeSeer account
    4. If you are connecting via MyHomeSeer, make sure you can log into this system by going to https://myhs.homeseer.com/ using the same email and password
    5. Make sure the account you use has admin role in your HS3/HS4 server (later you can try reducing the privileges of the account, but first try making it admin)
    6. If after the above you still cannot connect, try re-creating the user in HS3/HS4 and make sure the new username/password matches what you use in MyHomeSeer
    After you have followed the steps above, if you still have trouble connecting, do the following from the app:
    1. Go to the Server section of the app, on the Connection tab
    2. Tap on the 'Test and Save' button
    3. On the dialog that shows the results, if you see the option 'Show details', tap on it
    4. Create a new post with the contents of the screen here.

Yesterday I “upgraded” our HomeTroller SEL from HS3 to HS4. Everything appeared to go smoothly with the exception of HSBuddy which constantly shows - INFO: Plugin start is pending, but never starts.
    I have read all the threads I could find but have not found a solution including removing and reinstalling the plugin. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Is it potentially possible to allow the MYHS additional users to access HS Buddy thru their own sign on or will it always be thru the MYHS account holder only. Thank You for a great app !!

Comment

I seem to be having an issue connecting to MyHS. When I use the Local Connection option it works. I've tried all of the above steps.

I'm on HS3. I've tried reinstalling the iOS app and the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFuller View Post
          I seem to be having an issue connecting to MyHS. When I use the Local Connection option it works. I've tried all of the above steps.

I'm on HS3. I've tried reinstalling the iOS app and the plugin.
          Hi, thanks for posting the screenshots. I have a few quick questions:
          • Were you able to connect using HSBuddy + MyHS before?
          • Can you connect to your system by logging into https://myhs.homeseer.com from a web browser with the same credentials used in the app?
          • Do you have multiple systems registered to the same MyHS account, and if so, is the system you are trying to connect the primary one?

Comment

I was previously able to connect to MyHS via HSBuddy.

I am able to log in via the website with the same credentials.

I did have multiple systems connected and the primary one was incorrect. I changed it to the correct system yesterday but it’s still giving the same error today.

Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

Looks like I was able to fix it by deleting the system and reregistering it with MyHS.

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Fwiw, I have an open ticket with HS asking for more information on how to access multiple systems behind the same MyHS account using their JSON API but so far I have not gotten an answer, so HSBuddy is currently limited to accessing only the primary system.

Comment

Spoke too soon. Without changing anything on MyHS, HSBuddy, or my local network I’m receiving the same error again.

I attempted to remove the system from MyHS again to fix it but it didn’t work this time.

My log in credentials still work when going through the MyHS site and local connection still works in HSBuddy.

I tried:
                  -Rebooting the machine
                  -Removing and adding the local user
                  -Toggling UPNP setting
                  -Toggling iphack blocking setting
                  ​​​​​​-Toggling local network password requirement
                  -Toggling “Enable remote access through MyHS service“

Comment

After some more testing I found that changing the password on MyHS may be the fix. I changed the password and it seems to be working now. Fingers crossed that it sticks.

Comment

I'm still having trouble, I can't seem to work out the problem I have tried everything.

Comment

Here are the screenshots
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Soul View Post
                          Here are the screenshots
                          I'm having exactly the same issues after updating to HS4. The request timed out for both HomeSeer and HSBuddy Plug-in. connected2.homeseer.com opens fine on my mobile phone, tried both cellular and home wifi connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty View Post

I'm having exactly the same issues after updating to HS4. The request timed out for both HomeSeer and HSBuddy Plug-in. connected2.homeseer.com opens fine on my mobile phone, tried both cellular and home wifi connections.

Avargaskun sent me a link to test a beta app update version that fixed it for me, maybe he can do the same for you

Comment

Originally posted by Soul View Post

Avargaskun sent me a link to test a beta app update version that fixed it for me, maybe he can do the same for you
                              It actually started working again without doing anything... so I hope it stays this way, because HSBuddy is awesome (way better than the official app).

Comment

Working...
                              X