Device history - noobe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device history - noobe question

Does HSBuddy automatically track the history of every device or does the user select devices to track? Is the tracking feature described/documented? I couldn't find any detail, but may not be looking in the right place.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

I've never found an option to select, it tracks all of them. The only option is to turn it on or off, and to specify how long to keep history.

Comment

I haven't begun using the plug-in yet, but I have quite a few devices and some of them (such as Jon00's PerfMon and VDgraphing devices) could generate significant overhead if they were tracked, I think. Is tracking off by default? Where is the option to turn it on/off? How is it accessed?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You can enable/disable to track the history within this plugin and also set the retention period for the history. These are global settings not per device. It would be great if it could leverage the Device History plugin or do something similar to enable configuration per device.

Comment

For this reason I no longer have devices for timers. I also have a couple devices that no longer show the history, probably need to delete the DB and start over. Other than that this is still way better than what Homeseer offers out of the box.

Comment

I have 261 devices in total, many update pretty frequently (e.g. temperatures, power usage). I also have HSBuddy set to seven days history rather than the default two days.

Database size is 62MB, and I don't see any delays using HSBuddy or excessive CPU/memory usage.

Comment

Are any of you using the Show History for temperature devices? I used Device History to show temperature logs, and in Imperihome it had a built-in feature to show graphs, but I am not sure I can use the Show History on HSBuddy for temperature devices. Any of you using it in that way?

Comment

Working...
              X