HS4 / IOS 14 No Location Services permission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 / IOS 14 No Location Services permission

I am testing HS Buddy. Everything went well on setup except testing geolocation. While troubleshooting, I notice that HSBuddy permission in the application list does not have Location as a permission, double checking, I go to Privacy, Location Services and the HSBuddy application isn't list there either.

Am I missing something?

I'm thinking the recent security updates to IOS may have changed? Where as current users that already had the app installed before the security update the settings came over with the update?

This is a new HS4 Pro install been up for about 13 days.

I found something that could be useful in the resolve. I knew something changed but I got this from stackoverflow. Hope this helps the dev.

Code:
    It looks like there are a few updates in location management for iOS 14.

One of them is that locationManager(_:didChangeAuthorization:) is now deprecated, so you need to implement locationManagerDidChangeAuthorization(_:) in your CLLocationManager instead.

You also need to make sure you are calling the requestAlwaysAuthorization() function on your Location Manager.

From apple docs about this function:

You must call this or the requestWhenInUseAuthorization() method before your app can receive location information.

Comment

FYI, I just sent the dev a PM about the issue. It's most likely related to the code change I posted just before this.

Comment

Today’s IOS update fixed the location issue. Just took on the plug-in at the wrong time thanks to Apple QC? Idk, I’m thankful to try out this plugin.

Comment

I still have this problem.
          Using IOS 14.2, HSBuddy permission in the application list does not have Location as a permission.
          Then I receive an error when trying to enable location services, "failed to update geolocation service".
          Any suggestion?
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X