Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

share your screen sample

Hi,

I discovered this nice plugin. Started to play around with it. Buidling a screen for a Lenovo 10 tab (and run it into fully screen kiosk browser.
    Now I am also interested to see some of your creations. Might be insparing creating a better UI (screen) myself.

So no one is using this? I would be interested to see if there could be done some personal "design" of the pages for a tablet. Background images, colors, font size etc. ? Anyone willing to share experiences? Thanks.

Comment

My approach is:
      1. Everything is heavily automated based on amount of sunshine, rain, movement, doors opening, locks, schedules, available solar, combinations of events, etc
      2. Anything else, or manually controlling, is done with Siri via Apple Watch or light switches
      3. Notifications are via Siri - using more power than solar, clothes washing finished, dishes finished, any lights that have been left on too long and about to be turned off, etc
      4. The iPad/kiosk/dashboard is only a subset of controls/readouts - merely the items I want to see at a quick glance and items that the family (who are not as fluent with using Siri) need to override. For example power usage, lights and fans that are either left on or I want to override, battery levels, security sensors, weather stats, blind controls, etc.

Outstanding:
      1. Security cameras are now missing. HS4 began locking up so I no longer have our holiday home footage showing nor the new ones I have added at home. That's frustrating and HS4's development schedule has gone out the door this year so I don't expect sorted until HS5. Hoping HSBuddy can directly support at some point to bypass HS4.
      2. Entire family is almost at stir crazy stage with the immense "white" glow throughout the kitchen and family room from the iPad at night. Nearly at a point of declaring dark mode is a "support it or go home feature" now the white is that crazy especially when all our computers and devices are all dark mode now so makes looking at this white glow even more frustrating

To that end this is where I am at:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Dashboard.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1442227

Comment

Interesting to see what the community can share......

devoir

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
          2. Entire family is almost at stir crazy stage with the immense "white" glow throughout the kitchen and family room from the iPad at night. Nearly at a point of declaring dark mode is a "support it or go home feature" now the white is that crazy especially when all our computers and devices are all dark mode now so makes looking at this white glow even more frustrating
          Not quite 'dark mode' per se, but there's a new feature coming up in the next version that lets you dim the screen after not interacting with the app for a while. This version is still under review in the App Store but should become available within a few days, so stay tuned

The docs are online: http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net/pages/dimmer.html

So you can make the app can go from this:

Name:	Screenshot_1610699242.png
Views:	774
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	1447850

To this:

Name:	Screenshot_1610699336.png
Views:	718
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	1447851

A touch of the screen will return it back to its regular brightness. Even when the screen is dimmed, the widgets continue to update their information.

There's some things that can be tweaked in configuration:
          • how dim to make the screen (up to entirely dark)
          • add or remove the watermark (the HSBuddy logo)
          • set how long to wait before dimming the screen
          • set a schedule for the feature to work (as in, only at night, for example)
          Here's the options screen. You'll notice the latest update also centralizes all the app configuration in a single section.

Name:	Screenshot_1610699228.png
Views:	704
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1447852

Dark mode is still in the backlog - I'm hopeful one day I'll get to it

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
            Not quite 'dark mode' per se, but there's a new feature coming up in the next version that lets you dim the screen after not interacting with the app for a while.... Dark mode is still in the backlog - I'm hopeful one day I'll get to it
            I've just given that new version a whirl - it definitely drops the glare across the entire area, but looking into the kitchen it still looks horrible seeing a big large white (well now grey) screen on the wall.

To be honest when you posted in the forums a long while back saying you would be doing a dark mode and an all-new dashboards feature that, and HS Mobile instability, is what sold me. Not having dark mode has been a real WAF killer so to be honest I've been developing my own web interface to eventually replace it.

However.... I have some great news.

iOS has its own features to override the colour scheme for accessibility reasons - HS Buddy is the only app that seems to be incompatible with them all, including the "Smart Invent" which is meant to be able to invert the screen but leave graphics and videos untouched.... for some reason with HS Buddy the graphics all get inverted anyway even though with all other apps they do not.

Anyways, when I used to update HS Buddy each time I was frustrated with the lack of dark mode so I would keep playing with these features... obviously with horrible results and gave up. BUT.... I just tried again with your new version, and HS Buddy is now compatible with Smart Invert mode! Not sure if you have done something or the development platform you use has been updated, but it is now compatible!

THIS is how a dashboard in a home should look - super happy now looks exactly how it should! Sorry about taking a photograph but because the screen itself is doing a "smart invert" screenshots don't work and come out inverted from this inversion LOL. Just needs that blue titlebar changed to black and it'll be PERFECT!

Name:	IMG_3711.JPG
Views:	828
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1448677

Comment

That photograph really doesn't do justice due to the camera picking up reflections, etc - it truly does look absolutely stunning. Whether in the kitchen or from a distance in the family room all you see is razor sharp text on pure blackness, here is a distance shot to hopefully show it a bit better...

Name:	IMG_3712.JPG
Views:	824
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1448681

Comment

I just tried again with your new version, and HS Buddy is now compatible with Smart Invert mode! Not sure if you have done something or the development platform you use has been updated, but it is now compatible!
                That looks really great. Thank you for sharing the pic! A couple updates ago I did bump the version of some core components of the app. That may be related to it now being compatible. I'm glad that solved the brightness problem

Comment

Tillsy : looks very good.

Anyone know if something like this color invert is possible with android as well?

Thanks,
                  Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                    Anyone know if something like this color invert is possible with android as well?
                    Version 1.0.52 is now out and includes a high-contrast mode feature that works on both iOS and Android. Kudos to Tillsy for describing how to do it using the iOS accessibility features. I basically copied the idea The feature within HSBuddy adds a little extra logic to keep some of the original colors for headers, buttons, etc - so it looks a little more consistent with the original theme.

To enable high-contrast mode within the app, go to Options -> General. High contrast mode can be set to "Always On" or you can mirror the 'Dark Mode' settings of the device. The latter is useful for devices that let you turn on Dark Mode automatically based on time of day.

Note:As of version 1.0.53 you need to restart HSBuddy after changing the High Contrast settings. This will no longer be necessary starting on version 1.0.54

Click image for larger version  Name:	HCSetting.png Views:	14 Size:	110.7 KB ID:	1449094Click image for larger version  Name:	HCScheme.png Views:	13 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	1449096Click image for larger version  Name:	HCScheme2.png Views:	13 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	1449095

Comment

Well done - you've mimicked it perfectly - so I've switched to your inbuilt mode now so I can screenshot again

Name:	IMG_F168EC209A7B-1.jpeg
Views:	654
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1449837

Comment

How did you change to the light bulb icon?

Comment

Originally posted by RicardoG View Post
                          How did you change to the light bulb icon?

Hi, you can replace icons by going to Device - Status / Graphics-Edit Status / Graphics.

Comment

Well done - you've mimicked it perfectly - so I've switched to your inbuilt mode now so I can screenshot again

Name:	IMG_F168EC209A7B-1.jpeg
Views:	654
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1449837
                            OK !!! This is the app/plugin i’ll use when I’ll have more time (moving to a new place ) . That seriously looks very nice. Thanks to both of you.

Comment

I also choose dark for everything I can here. No more unnecessary blue light that stress your entire brain.

I even use dark mode for this forum.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X