Connecting to more than one HS installation through myHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to more than one HS installation through myHS

I am just testing the plugin and app and have run into an issue that I do not understand:

I have two separate HS(3) installations that I can access through myHS premium.
    What I can not figure out is how to select which of these two to connect to in the HSBuddy app. Only the default "main" myHS username and login for my account seems to be working in HSBuddy, none of the "secondary" users.
    The problem with this is that as long as I log in with my default username I always get connected to the default HS3 system, the other system is not accessible.

I have previously set up several secondary users that have only access to one or the other instance of HS. If I try to use any of these usersname/password combinations in HSBuddy, they do not work, just get error messages indicating that I do not have access.
    However, sending JSON commands to these same usernames manually or through other apps works fine, so it is not a problem on the myHS side it seems.

Is it me who is doing something wrong or is HSBuddy not supporting more than one HS installation through a single myHS account?

Originally posted by JxxxIxxx View Post
    Is it me who is doing something wrong or is HSBuddy not supporting more than one HS installation through a single myHS account?
    Thanks for the report!

HSBuddy supports setting up multiple server connections, but for a MyHS connection it only supports talking to the default HS3/HS4 system. I have added this in the to-do list.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

I will just keep my fingers crossed that it appears in a fututre version then.
      So far the HSBuddy software looks like a really geat and useful app, if I could contol both my HS systems it would be even better.

Comment

Any updates on this issue?
        I am still hoping for support for more than one HS installation through a single myHS account.

Comment

I am still hoping for support for more than one HS installation through a single myHS account.
          2nd

Comment

3rd this.
            HSBuddy is awesome. This would help me out a lot.

Comment

Just bumping this again.
              This plugin/app is so good that I am amazed it is free. It is so useful to me that I would probably be willing to pay a good price just for this added functionality, if that would help getting it prioritized.

Comment

Thanks folks - I will be looking into this immediately after I wrap up the work on Smart Tags. It's now at the top of the list in the task board

Btw, last time I checked there was missing support on the JSON API to access multiple servers behind the same MyHS account. If someone owns or knows of another app that uses the JSON API and can do this, I'd appreciate if you can point me their way.

Comment

I just stumbled upon this page: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...ple+HS+Systems

I think this solution should work for HSBuddy as well. In short:
                  • You need to create a new user in MyHS to control your second system
                  • On the configuration of this new user, make sure to give it access to your second system only
                  Can you try this out and let me know if it works?

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                    I just stumbled upon this page: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...ple+HS+Systems

I think this solution should work for HSBuddy as well. In short:
                    • You need to create a new user in MyHS to control your second system
                    • On the configuration of this new user, make sure to give it access to your second system only
                    Can you try this out and let me know if it works?
                    Unless I am seriously misinterpreting what you are asking here, I think I already have tried this. This is basically what I am describing in the start post of this thread.
                    During my testing originally I was unable to get the HSBuddy app to work with any "secondary" user. I have several users that only have access to one of the systems, but I was never able to log in through HSBuddy with any of these usernames. Only the main username (the username under which my HS licences are reigstered and that I use to log into the myHS webpage) would work with HSBuddy.
                    I know that the secondary users are operational, since I am able to "manually" send JSON commands directly to myHS with one of these users specified as credentials, and it works perfectly, I can query status of devices or trigger events, and if the user specified in the JSON command is set up to only have access to one of the systems it will send the command to that system.

Comment

Thanks! I should have read the original post more carefully.

I wonder if something has changed since you last tried because it just worked for me. Here's a screenshot of my settings:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211121-100956_HSBuddy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	1509318
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211121-101117_HSBuddy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	1509319

In HSBuddy the new profile loaded the devices from the second system as expected and switching between profiles seemed to work OK too. If you give it another try can you let me know if you still get errors in the app?

Note: I added a user with exactly the same name and password to the secondary HS server to match what I used in MyHS
                      Last edited by avargaskun; November 21, 2021, 02:02 PM. Reason: Removed account screenshot

Comment

Thanks! I should have read the original post more carefully.

I wonder if something has changed since you last tried because it just worked for me. Here's a screenshot of my settings:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20211121-100956_HSBuddy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	1509318
                        Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20211121-101117_HSBuddy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	1509319

In HSBuddy the new profile loaded the devices from the second system as expected and switching between profiles seemed to work OK too. If you give it another try can you let me know if you still get errors in the app?

Note: I added a user with exactly the same name and password to the secondary HS server to match what I used in MyHS
                        Thanks avargaskun.

Immediately after writing what I did above, before I saw your answer, I went and tired the same again. After all it is almost a year since I tried this the last time, when I started this thread.

And now I am really not sure what to think, because now it worked immediately!!!!!
                        The last time I tried the exact same thing I fiddled for hours and hours trying all sorts of things and was never able to get HSBuddy to log in with anything but the default username and password.
                        Now I simply created another secondary user with access to just one of the systems, created a second profile in the HSBuddy app, and specified the new username and password, and it worked, just like that.
                        Makes me feel quite stupid right now. I have no idea why it did not work the last time, I really put a lot of effort into it back then and checked and double-checked that I had not made any typos or other mistakes, but nothing worked no matter what I did.

Anyway, I am REALLY happy right now, almost doing a little happy dance here, this will make a lot of things easier for me 😁😎🤗

And yes, you are right about the last note: I discovered last year when I was experimenting with defining these secondary users and sending JSON commands to the systems (this was before I tried HSBuddy) that it is not enough just to create the secondary user in myHS, you must also define the same user with the exact same username and password on the local HS server that you are trying to control, or it will not work.

Thanks again.

The only thing I noticed while testing a little bit right now is that I am unable to upload to the server the dashboards belonging to the secondary server.

Last edited by avargaskun; November 21, 2021, 02:01 PM. Reason: Removed account screenshot

Comment

Thank you for the update! I will add notes to the help page on how to configure multiple systems in MyHS.

The only thing I noticed while testing a little bit right now is that I am unable to upload to the server the dashboards belonging to the secondary server.
                          This seems odd. It is working in my case uploading and downloading dashboards to the secondary server. Are there any particular errors showing on your HS logs when attempting to do the upload? If there's nothing in the server, you can send a feedback report from within the app after attempting and getting the failure to do the upload and I'll take a look.

Comment

Thank you for the update! I will add notes to the help page on how to configure multiple systems in MyHS.

This seems odd. It is working in my case uploading and downloading dashboards to the secondary server. Are there any particular errors showing on your HS logs when attempting to do the upload? If there's nothing in the server, you can send a feedback report from within the app after attempting and getting the failure to do the upload and I'll take a look.
                            I just realized that I should check the version of the HSBuddy plugin installed on the secondary system. After all, I had not been using HSBuddy on that system for a long time. And sure enough, there was a newer plugin version. Just updated, and everything works without error messages.
                            Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X