Virtual Device HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Device HS4

Hello. I have a problem with the Virtual Devices in HS4. After importing my configuration from HS3 to HS4 all my Virtual Devices created in HS3 work correctly in HSBuddy. On the other hand, the Virtual Devices newly created in HS4 work correctly in HS4 but I cannot control them in HSBuddy. I can see the Device but I don't have the control and Info function if I want to insert it in the DashBoard. I have verified that the Devices are not hidden for users and Smarphones. Do you have any suggestions ? Thanks

Hello! I just tried creating a new virtual device in HS4 and it looks like it does something different than what HS3 used to do (or even earlier versions of HS4). What it does is it creates 2 related devices. The main device (which I named "Light") is the parent/root - but that device does not have any Control or Status. Then it creates a child device (in HS4 they called it a "Feature") with the name "Control" and that child device has the Status and Control information.

So, in HSBuddy, just opening the Devices section shows me this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	example.png Views:	0 Size:	22.1 KB ID:	1446756
    In HS4, the child device (feature) that has Status and Control shows up in the "Features" tab of the virtual device:

Click image for larger version  Name:	examplee2.png Views:	0 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	1446757

Here's what I did to have things work the way they used to in HSBuddy with HS3 virtual devices:
    • Rename the parent device, add "(Root)" at the end (in my example, "Light (Root)")
    • Mark the parent device as "Hide from Mobile Views"
    • Rename the child device (the 'feature') to the original name I wanted (in my example just "Light")
    In HSBuddy I could add the child device (the 'feature') to a dashboard and it worked as expected.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
      Hello! I just tried creating a new virtual device in HS4 and it looks like it does something different than what HS3 used to do (or even earlier versions of HS4). What it does is it creates 2 related devices. The main device (which I named "Light") is the parent/root - but that device does not have any Control or Status. Then it creates a child device (in HS4 they called it a "Feature") with the name "Control" and that child device has the Status and Control information.

So, in HSBuddy, just opening the Devices section shows me this:

Click image for larger version Name:	example.png Views:	0 Size:	22.1 KB ID:	1446756
      In HS4, the child device (feature) that has Status and Control shows up in the "Features" tab of the virtual device:

Click image for larger version Name:	examplee2.png Views:	0 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	1446757

Here's what I did to have things work the way they used to in HSBuddy with HS3 virtual devices:
      • Rename the parent device, add "(Root)" at the end (in my example, "Light (Root)")
      • Mark the parent device as "Hide from Mobile Views"
      • Rename the child device (the 'feature') to the original name I wanted (in my example just "Light")
      In HSBuddy I could add the child device (the 'feature') to a dashboard and it worked as expected.

I hope this helps!

Hello. As always, excellent explanation and guaranteed result. Thanks it works very well.

Comment

Working...
      X