Shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortcuts

Hi Guys, another question: when I enter the Options - Shortcuts section I have three choices: Home Screen Set New shortcut app Pinned shortcurt None of the three allows me to make choices. Where am I wrong? Thanks

Same problem here. I had one shortcut set up, but now I'm not able to add any more. I also notice that HS Buddy doesn't appear in the Shortcuts app as an available choice.

What changed?

Thanks.

Comment

Hey folks, thanks for reporting this. This looks like a bug in the latest update of the app. I am reorganizing the Options section of the app and will put out an update when that's done. That will address the broken Shortcuts setting section.

Comment

OK thanks

Comment

There still seems to be a problem with shortcuts on the latest update (1.0.51). Shortcuts can be created now, but they don’t work when placed on the Home Screen. They do work when launched from the shortcuts app. Existing Home Screen shortcuts also stopped working with this update.

Comment

Originally posted by belias View Post
            There still seems to be a problem with shortcuts on the latest update (1.0.51). Shortcuts can be created now, but they don’t work when placed on the Home Screen. They do work when launched from the shortcuts app. Existing Home Screen shortcuts also stopped working with this update.
            Thanks. Is this for the shortcuts that appear with a long-tap on the app icon? Could you send a feedback report from the app right after launching it from one of the shortcuts?

Comment

Hi and thanks for the quick replies.

This is for the Siri Shortcuts. I can add a new shortcut just fine. It appears in the Shortcuts app and works when launched from the shortcut app.

However, when you add the shortcut to the Home Screen it won’t work when launched from the home screen button. It just dims the icon and shows a little stop button symbol. It never even tries to open the app.

This is new over the past few versions - Home Screen Siri Shortcuts had been working fine.

Hope that helps and thanks for putting in a ton of effort to make an absolutely awesome app. My family uses it every day and loves it.

Comment

After some more testing, it looks like it's an iOS 14.3 issue. All of my shortcuts were doing the same thing when run from the home screen - failing to launch and showing only a small "stop" icon. There's a Reddit that describes the same thing here: https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/c...run_from_home/

Sorry for the confusion. I can confirm that the new app release is working properly.

Thanks.

Comment

Did anyone get Siri Shortcuts working again?
                  I'm considering upgrading from Vera but I use Siri shortcuts for voice control and would not switch until Siri could control HS scenes and/or devices.

Comment

Siri Shortcuts by voice should work fine - I believe the issue described in this thread was about shortcuts placed on the home screen only.

Siri Shortcuts work well in HSBuddy, but you should also take a look at native HomeKit integration via https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridge-HomeSeer4

Comment

Working...
                    X