Camera resolution bug anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera resolution bug anyone?

I have a couple of cameras configured using UltraNetCam3. I added them to the dashboard this past summer and image clarity was perfect using the default 3 second refresh - small and full screen. After updating the Android App, and looking at the dashboard, my 2 cameras show great in small size. However, if I click on the image to expand, it opens up full and is clear for a second then the resolution degrades. So I go into the camera's themselves (on sidebar) and change the refresh to 5 seconds for example and all is fine. Close the app and re-open, even with a refresh set to 5, resolution goes bad as before. Going into cameras directly after closing and opening HSBuddy, the cameras show perfect resolution. So it seems to be linked to the dashboard somehow. This is repeatable every time. I still have Emperihome and it works fine as well...

Anyone else seeing this?

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Hi. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Can you try the following? Go to the plug in configuration page in HS and under Cameras disable the option to Resize images. Does it help?

The downside of turning this option off is that more data will be transferred for each snapshot. But assuming you're using a local connection that shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

That works but it's not the best solution as my primary use is remotely. I'd rather not use more data. This wasn't the behaviour of the previous release. Any other options?

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I tried this yesterday but could not reproduce the same behavior.

Can you send a feedback report from the app? That may help figure out what's going on. First go to the Options->Feedback section and enable 'debug logs'. Then close/open the app and try the scenario from the beginning. Make sure to stay in each screen for a few seconds to get a couple image refresh operations. In the bug report please add the name or the camera.

Comment

Thanks Antonio. I've sent the log.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            Thanks Antonio. I've sent the log.

Robert
            Thanks Robert. There's a new version of the app out (1.0.52) which should fix the issue.

Comment

Thanks and I appreciate the quick turnaround. However, I've tested the new version with both my cell phone and tablet and when I click on the small camera image, it opens up totally blacked out. I can catch a glimpse of the refresh dots, but that's it. I can go to the camera section as before, and it works fine.

Comment

Antonio, I'm happy to report that 1.0.53 works perfectly now.

Thanks for the very fast turnaround and and all your support!

Robert

Comment

Working...
                X