No images with devices in HSBuddy android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No images with devices in HSBuddy android

I've had the issue of no images associated with my devices since at least last August. I am now thinking that I would like it fixed. I think it happened with an upgrade. I am using HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows) and the version of HSBuddy is 3.19.102.18. What do I need to do to fix? Thanks. Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200803-162721_HSBuddy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	1447768

EDIT: I cleared the cache on the app on my phone and this corrected the problem with images not showing.
    Last edited by Richel; January 14, 2021, 10:05 PM. Reason: SOLVED
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Originally posted by Richel View Post
    EDIT: I cleared the cache on the app on my phone and this corrected the problem with images not showing.
    Thank you for the update!

A little more detail on why this happens in case other folks are also running into this. HSBuddy caches images it downloads from the server to reduce use of bandwidth. Sometimes (rarely) the server returns bad images, but HSBuddy does not recognize them as invalid and stores them in the cache. I added the 'clear cache' option as a quick fix until I get around to fix this in the app.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Thank you for the update!

A little more detail on why this happens in case other folks are also running into this. HSBuddy caches images it downloads from the server to reduce use of bandwidth. Sometimes (rarely) the server returns bad images, but HSBuddy does not recognize them as invalid and stores them in the cache. I added the 'clear cache' option as a quick fix until I get around to fix this in the app.
      Thank you.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
      X