Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Event images

Loving this plugin/app..

I’m designing screens for iPad control of my home theater. I have number of events that select channels on cable tv.

Is there a way to add channel logos to the channel events?

thanks and looking forward to making this my go to setup

You can do this using the Media feature of the HSBuddy plugin. I have not had a chance to document this, here's a quick overview:
    1. On your HS server, create a folder somewhere under the html folder, which is located at the HS install location
    2. On that folder, add the files you want to use as images on your events
    3. Go to the web page of your HS server and look for the Media section under Plugins -> HSBuddy
    4. Using the section Add Folder add an entry for the folder you created on step #2
    Now, from the HSBuddy app:
    1. Create a new Event widget
    2. Under the widget editor, unselect the Show name checkbox, and then select the Use a custom icon checkbox
    3. Tap on the folder icon to bring up the icon selector
    4. There tap on Choose a folder and pick the folder you created on step #4 above.
    5. Pick the image you want to use for the event widget icon
    By default there's 2 media folders configured with the HSBuddy plugin:
    • HomeSeer images points to the common HomeSeer icons used throughout the web UI
    • HSBuddy images points to a pack of images included with HSBuddy

Comment

This is a great start for being able to add a floor plan feature to a dashboard. Now we just need to be able to layer widgets on top of each other. This would allow me to completely ditch HSTouch. Any chance for this, avargaskun? 🤞🙏

Comment

Perfect.

the more I play with this the more I realize it freaking awesome.

thanks for your efforts and support of this app

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
          This is a great start for being able to add a floor plan feature to a dashboard. Now we just need to be able to layer widgets on top of each other. This would allow me to completely ditch HSTouch. Any chance for this, avargaskun? 🤞🙏
          It's possible but it may take me a bit to get there. Could you post (or PM) me an example of what you're doing with HSTouch to get an idea of what is the visual result you're looking for? There's a beta version of the app out which supports setting a background image for the entire dashboard - though this may not accomplish the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
            Could you post (or PM) me an example of what you're doing with HSTouch to get an idea of what is the visual result you're looking for?
            Sure thing...here is an example of a floor plan dashboard I use in HSTouch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1453537

Comment

teladog01 there's a beta coming out that supports adding a background layer with image widgets. If you have a chance to try it out and help test it, here's more info on how to do it: Beta testing HSBuddy

Here's an example of something I put together while playing with it:

Name:	DashboardLayersTest.png
Views:	273
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1454278

Some things worth noting:
              • Widget placement is still based on a grid so it might not be possible to always get perfect alignment
              • You have to turn off the Sticky widgets option on the section properties (it's on by default) so widgets can be placed apart from each other
              • This feature has gone through very limited testing. Expect the unexpected

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                Here's an example of something I put together while playing with it:
                This looks awesome, I’ll check it out!

Comment

Hi, the Back View works very well. Compliments. Although the widgets are transparent pngs, they have a small white box around them. I think it's the alignment grid. There is no possibility of eliminating it?
                  Thank you

Comment

Works great but indeed the .PNG images are not transparent.
                    Is there a way to change this?

Name:	Snag_f0b010e.png
Views:	153
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	1469329

Comment

Working...
                    X