Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad closes after few days

Hi everyone,

the title says it: my iPad (ioS 12.5.1) closed the app (can only see it in the background) after a few days. Just "restarting" it with a click on the background app brings HSBuddy back.
    No other app is running. Have the latest update on ioS and HSBuddy app.
    Any ideas how to solve this issue?
    Thanks
    Jens

No ideas?

Comment

Hello. I've seen cases where the app is fully closed restarted automatically but not what you describe, as in pushed to the background. When this happens again, after you 'bring back' the app from the background, can you submit feedback from within the app indicating what happened? Does it normally happen at around the same amount of time after the app was started?

Comment

Hi avargaskun,
        first: thanks a lot for take a look at this issue. Appreciated it very much.

Second: I'm not sure what you mean with "can you submit feedback from within the app indicating what happened". Where can I get these information?
        Also not sure if the "pushing it to the background" happens around the same time. Could be, but all what I see is that the dashboard is at the background after a few days, so that I have to "re-start" it again.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean with "can you submit feedback from within the app indicating what happened". Where can I get these information?
          You can submit feedback from the app by going to Options -> Feedback and then tap at the button "Send feedback"

I see is that the dashboard is at the background
          I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by background. You mean the app looks like it has been closed? If you could send me a picture of what that looks like on the iPad it would help too.

Comment

Yep. Attached are two images. One is showing the app in the background. The second one after clicking the app (HSBuddy is starting).
            Also have send the log files. Didn't know about this feature. Great!
            Attached Files

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Originally posted by sju10544 View Post
                Any news?
                Thanks for submitting the feedback report. Unfortunately the logs do not reveal any issues other than the app being restarted. Version 1.0.57 is on its way to the App Store, which has a fix for a memory leak which may have caused the OS to kill the app after a certain amount of time. I am also doing a long-running test on my iPad trying to catch the issue, but so far no luck.

Comment

O.K. Thank you for the news. Will update the app as soon as it is available and have an eye on the behaviour. Will give a feedback what happens.

Comment

Unfortunately shutdown again right now :-(

Comment

Unfortunately shutdown again right now :-(
                      Thank you for sending the report. I believe the crashes are caused by camera widgets. There is a Beta update (version 1.0.59) which has a potential fix. I am planning to release this update to the App Store later in the week, but if you'd be willing to try out the Beta earlier, you can follow the instructions here: Beta testing HSBuddy

Thanks!

Comment

Quick feedback: with version 1.0.60 no crashes so far... great! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Quick feedback: with version 1.0.60 no crashes so far... great! Thanks a lot!
                          Thank you! Glad to know the fix works

Comment

Working...
                          X