HSBuddy not working HS$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBuddy not working HS$

After upgrading to HS4 on my SEL linux machine I cannot get HSBuddy to run. The error is INFO: plugin start is pending. I have searched for whatever I can find on this and so far nothing has worked. User and password are the same in HS4 as myhs.homeseer.com and with that being the local user. I have removed comment marks in folders you've mentioned in other posts. I have installed HS4 on an old Windows PC I have and things work. Seems to be this Linux device.

Thanks

Hi, I am having the same issue. I am running the latest version of HS4 (4.2.6.0) and the latest version of HSBuddy (3.26.1114.49) and have tried removing and reinstalling the plugin and continue to get the same message
    HSBuddy INFO: Plugin start is pending
    After removing and reinstalling the plugin, the log has the following:
    Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
    Any useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by gtay12345 View Post
      After upgrading to HS4 on my SEL linux machine I cannot get HSBuddy to run. The error is INFO: plugin start is pending. I have searched for whatever I can find on this and so far nothing has worked. User and password are the same in HS4 as myhs.homeseer.com and with that being the local user. I have removed comment marks in folders you've mentioned in other posts. I have installed HS4 on an old Windows PC I have and things work. Seems to be this Linux device.

Thanks
      Hello. You mentioned it was an upgrade to HS4, so I assume HSBuddy was running OK on the SEL linux on HS3? Could you share anything that shows up in the logs at the time you try to restart the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Twinlead View Post
        Hi, I am having the same issue. I am running the latest version of HS4 (4.2.6.0) and the latest version of HSBuddy (3.26.1114.49) and have tried removing and reinstalling the plugin and continue to get the same message
        HSBuddy INFO: Plugin start is pending
        After removing and reinstalling the plugin, the log has the following:
        Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
        Any useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello. The error you're posting in the logs seems to be for another plugin (Chromecast) - are there no entries specific to HSBuddy showing up on the logs when you stop/restart the plugin?

If not, one way to find out more is to log into your HS4 system and in your install folder (usually ~/HomeSeer):
        • Edit the file HSPI_HSBuddy.exe.config and uncomment the section at the bottom (starting with <system.diagnostics>)
        • Run the plugin from the command line with mono HSPI_HSBuddy.exe
        • Check in the HS webpage for plugins, does it show HSBuddy as "Loaded remotely"?
        • On the install folder, there should be a file hsbuddy-trace.log - does it show any errors?

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I will check the things you mentioned. HSBuddy does not appear as loaded remotely in plug-in management however.

Comment

Hi, as mentioned earlier the plugin is not shown as "Loaded remotely" however the trace log does show an error when attempting to manually start it and is as follows:
            homeseer@HomeTrollerSELv2:/usr/local/HomeSeer$ more hsbuddy-trace.log

Starting HSBuddy ...

Unhandled exception in Main: System.ArgumentException: The type 'HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database' is not assignable to service 'HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.IDatabas
            e'.
            at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.CreateRegistration (System.Guid id, Autofac.Builder.RegistrationData data, Autofac.Core.IInstanceActivator a
            ctivator, Autofac.Core.Service[] services, Autofac.Core.IComponentRegistration target) [0x00084] in <2fad6ed004784647b9555cb639266f73>:0
            at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.CreateRegistration[TLimit,TActivatorData,TSingleRegistrationStyle] (Autofac.Builder.IRegistrationBuilder`3[T
            Limit,TActivatorData,TRegistrationStyle] builder) [0x00058] in <2fad6ed004784647b9555cb639266f73>:0
            at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.RegisterSingleComponent[TLimit,TActivatorData,TSingleRegistrationStyle] (Autofac.Core.IComponentRegistry cr,
            Autofac.Builder.IRegistrationBuilder`3[TLimit,TActivatorData,TRegistrationStyle] builder) [0x0000e] in <2fad6ed004784647b9555cb639266f73>:0
            at Autofac.RegistrationExtensions+<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Registe rType>b__0 (Autofac.Core.IComponentRegistry cr) [0x00000] in <2fad6ed004784647b9555c
            b639266f73>:0
            at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build (Autofac.Core.IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, System.Boolean excludeDefaultModules) [0x0004b] in <2fad6ed00
            4784647b9555cb639266f73>:0
            at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.UpdateRegistry (Autofac.Core.IComponentRegistry componentRegistry) [0x0000e] in <2fad6ed004784647b9555cb639266f73>:0
            at Autofac.Module.Configure (Autofac.Core.IComponentRegistry componentRegistry) [0x00021] in <2fad6ed004784647b9555cb639266f73>:0
            at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build (Autofac.Core.IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, System.Boolean excludeDefaultModules) [0x0004b] in <2fad6ed00
            4784647b9555cb639266f73>:0
            at Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build (Autofac.Builder.ContainerBuildOptions options) [0x0002e] in <2fad6ed004784647b9555cb639266f73>:0
            at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x000ef] in <914b1edd10c340a29e1179a22da27367>:0

Comment

Working...
            X