html tag for ‘&deg’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

html tag for ‘&deg’

I’m populating the status of a virtual device with data that contains ‘&deg’. In Devices in Homeseer it displays the degree symbol as expected and also displays the degree symbol in the Advanced Information of the Status page, however in HSBuddy I get the &deg as text. Not sure if It’s on my end or HSBuddy’s end.

I noticed it too... Works fine for a value but displays &deg if set in the string of the device.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Surely that is to be expected as HSBuddy is not rendered as html code?
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Surely that is to be expected as HSBuddy is not rendered as html code?
        That is correct. It renders status as text so it won't parse escaped HTML. The only exception is when you're using the HSBuddy plug-in and the device returns non-empty HTML status, as in the result to:

Code:
        hs.CAPIGetStatus(targetDev).StatusHTML
        Depending on how you are writing the status of these devices you could write different values for Status and StatusHTML, the latter with the escaped ° character?

I can look into adding a setting to HSBuddy to parse status text as HTML for certain devices.

Comment

I got around it by using the ascii code which is 176.

Comment

Greetings dwg,
            Try using the actual degree symbol ° for your status instead of the HTML code. Works on my system for both HS and HSBuddy. On a Windows system you can type the degree symbol by holding down the ALT button and typing 248 on the numeric keypad. Must be the keypad as the number row across the top will not work for this. Of course you can just copy and paste the symbol above too.

You can use the degree Fahrenheit symbol too ℉ and for our metric neighbors you can use the ℃ symbol.

Roger

Comment

Working...
            X