Display map image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display map image

I use WeatherXML to download a map image. This image lives in the weatherxml/image folder. I noticed while trying to add this as a widget, that I can only add an HSBuddy image or homeseer image. I cannot browse to the map.
    Is they some way to get it or have I got this wrong?

thanks
    Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

You can do it from your HS webpage. Use the menu option Plugins->HSBuddy->Media and then use the Add Folder section at the bottom to add a new folder that points to where the images are saved.

Comment

Thanks that was too easy. Another question I have is, is it possible to make the image expand to full screen as the camera windows do with a tap.
      I looked under tap action, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Just got the latest download and see that my request was granted for expanding my map image. With the latest version of the plugin, I also see the odd camera error in the log is also gone.

I can't get over how this plugin is maturing so wonderfully.

thanks for all your work.

Comment

I've meant to get back with this. For some reason when I select the small map, the large map is always of an older date. For example the small map has today's date but when I select it, for some reason it always shows one with the same older date of Mar-10.

Edit: I just discovered that clearing the cache forced the large image to be current. This may be something to investigate as I suspect tomorrow it will expand today's map since it's cached but may not be refreshed. I'll try to add a refresh interval and report back.

Comment

Hey langenet you are correct, without a refresh interval, the full-screen view of the image will used the cached version. If you set a refresh interval on the widget, the same interval will be used on the full-screen view and that means the image won't be cached.

Thanks for noticing this, I will make a change to the full-screen viewer to always reload the image on display at least once even when the refresh interval is disabled. For now I hope adding the refresh interval is sufficient workaround.

Comment

Thanks... I like your idea to reload on selecting the map.To waste resources on refreshing at an interval isn't necessary as it won't likely change within any short interval.

Comment

Back to this issue...I did end up using the refresh interval with a couple of images - one a map and the other a 30 day running graph of my electricity consumption. Interestingly when I select the map for example, it brings up the image from March 28th (no idea why), then I have to wait the 5 second refresh I setup to get the proper exploded view of the map. This behavior is the same for the graph. The small version on the dashboard is always update to the latest image. Seems a bit annoying...

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  Back to this issue...I did end up using the refresh interval with a couple of images - one a map and the other a 30 day running graph of my electricity consumption. Interestingly when I select the map for example, it brings up the image from March 28th (no idea why), then I have to wait the 5 second refresh I setup to get the proper exploded view of the map. This behavior is the same for the graph. The small version on the dashboard is always update to the latest image. Seems a bit annoying...
                  Hi there. What version of the app are you in? There was a recent update (1.0.64) that has an update to always get a new image when opening it fullscreen. I believe that build should fix the issue, but let me know if that is not the case!

Comment

Ah... I just got the update this morning and it works great now. I checked for updates before I posted. Timing is everything. .

Thanks for your great support!

Robert

Comment

Working...
                    X