Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JxxxIxxx
    replied
    Thank you so much for your reply and the explanation of how the camera plugins work, this was very helpful.
    I had already deleted a couple of "orphan" UltraNetcam devices, but It turned out that the main culprit was the netcam.ini file. For some reason all the deleted cameras were still in the .ini file, even if they did not show in HS.
    I manually purged all the deleted cameras from the file, and now only the expected cameras show up in HSBuddy. So the immediate issue is solved.
    I have now set HSBuddy to only show the UltraNetCam cameras, since the Netcam devices are in reality the same cameras.

I still get some red HSBuddy error messages in the HS log file, looking like this:
    "Failed to load information for camera from hspi_HSTouch.ini, entry: url_UnNamed=http://. System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed. at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind) at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString) at HSPI_HSBuddy.Cameras.CamerasManager.d__20.MoveNext()"
    Is this something I should be worried about?

Another camera related question: It seems HSBuddy is refreshing the camera pictures every second? This is not ideal in my case, since my HS installation is connected to the web via a mobile data connection that has a limited amount of Gigabytes per month. Constant refresh of the pictures will increase the data traffic from the server. I would prefer if possible to only refresh the pictures manually when needed. In the Cameras section of Options there is an option called "Automatic refresh" and I turned this off, but the camera pictures seems to be updating constantly still.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Hello. The HSBuddy plug-in does not cache camera information, it retrieves it from different sources every time that the app starts, so there is probably some stale configuration lingering somewhere in your server. Hopefully the following will help diagnose the issue:
    • UltraNetCam cameras are enumerated from the HS devices that are created by the UltraNetCam plugin. It is possible that after deleting the cameras from the UltraNetCam plug-in configuration the HS devices are left behind. If you removed cameras from the plug-in configuration make sure to also delete their respective devices from HS.
    • Netcam cameras are enumerated from the file Config/netcam.ini under the [Cameras] section. Can you double-check that this file reflects the camera configuration you expect?

If after checking the above you still have stale cameras showing in the app, could you send me the contents of your Config/netcam.ini (make sure to remove any user/password information from the camera URLs). Could you also submit feedback from the HSBuddy app (go to Options->Feedback)?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• JxxxIxxx
    started a topic Removed cameras still showing in the HSBuddy app

Removed cameras still showing in the HSBuddy app

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have just started experimenting with HSBuddy, so I am relatively clueless as to how things are supposed to work. I tried to search in the documentation and on the forums and found no information related to my specific issue:

I just did a major "cleanup" of my cameras in HS3 (Netcam and UltraNetCam). I removed some camera devices that either were not there anymore, or camera devices that were duplicates of other cameras. However, after removing the unneeded cameras in HS, the HSBuddy app is still showing the camera devices and trying to display these cameras, triggering error messages in the HS log.
    I tried clearing the cached data in the app, but the removed cameras still show.
    How do I force HSBuddy to refresh its list of cameras, so the deleted cameras are removed?
Working...
X