Virtual Device Button Indications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Device Button Indications

I'm not sure when it happen as I don't manually use the buttons on my virtual devices often but in HSBuddy the button doesn't update that it has been pressed. The function sends the command , the status in HS updates, events work etc. but the buttons never change the highlighted state. They stay indicating Off even when really On.

I updated to .14 of HS4 and the HSBuddy plugin to 3.23.301.0 in the last few days, unfortunately didn't notice the issue until after both updates.

Hey dwg is this happening with all devices or only ones created recently? In my case I updated to HS4 .14 recently. Devices I created previously still work normally, only new devices created after the upgrade are seeing this issue. I've posted more details on what is causing this here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...69#post1465369

FYI: IHSApplication.CAPIGetStatus is not returning the device value - HomeSeer Core Software - Service Desk

Comment

Thanks You !! In my case both older and new do this , however the status icons are changing and indicating properly.

Comment

Yes, the issue is only with the numeric value of the device which normally does not show in HSBuddy, but is used in operations like toggle, or highlighting the control buttons. I have submitted a new version of the plug-in with a temporary workaround (3.24.326.10) - hopefully it will be available for download in the HS plug-in updater soon.

If you want to try it out earlier, you can replace the file HSPI_HSBuddy.exe in your HS install folder with the one located here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgRzXPqv73sTg4cq...yK94g?e=O8gNOI (make sure to restart the plug-in afterwards)

Comment

Works great- thank you so much !

Comment

avargaskun , fyi this bug is fixed in version HS 4.1.15.0, please test and let me know.

Comment

I reverted back to 3.24.321.20 of the plugin with HS 4.1.14.0 to verify the issue still existed, which it did -no button indication update. Updated to HS 4.1.15.0 and have button indication so the bug seems fixed. I did then update the plugin to 3.24.326.10 and all is still fine.

Comment

Working...
              X