Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When adding devices to dashboard, toggle ON/OFF function no longer works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When adding devices to dashboard, toggle ON/OFF function no longer works.

Hi enjoy using HSBuddy in HS4. Few months back when I created a device with control by toggle on/off, it worked great. When I tapped the button repeatedly, it would instantly toggle the light on and off. Now when I create a new device and select toggle on/off, it just turns on the device but won’t toggle it off. Has something changed that I need to do to get this ability back?

Nothing was changed about this functionality recently. Could you send a bug report from the app right after trying the toggle operation?

Comment

Hi

i also have this problem

Comment

The toggle function still works fine for me- I'm on HS4 (Windows), iOS 14.4.1, HSBuddy 1.0.61, Plugin 3.23.301.0 and then I tested with Plugin 3.24.321.20.

Comment

Hi

The problem is solved.
          It's a Shelly set as a switch and not a button.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mwoo68 View Post
            Hi enjoy using HSBuddy in HS4. Few months back when I created a device with control by toggle on/off, it worked great. When I tapped the button repeatedly, it would instantly toggle the light on and off. Now when I create a new device and select toggle on/off, it just turns on the device but won’t toggle it off. Has something changed that I need to do to get this ability back?
            Hello, I was able to reproduce this issue myself. It appears to affect only devices created using the most recent version of HS4. I have a few virtual devices created in an earlier version of HS4 which work fine but with the latest version I get a repro of the issue.

More specifically, it appears that IHSApplication.CAPIGetStatus is always returning a value of 0 for the device, regardless of whether it is ON or OFF, and because toggle relies on querying the status of the device before toggling, it thinks its value is always 0 and it always sets it to the opposite value.

I will open a ticket with HomeSeer as the root cause appear to be broken back-compat with HS3 plugins.

FYI: IHSApplication.CAPIGetStatus is not returning the device value - HomeSeer Core Software - Service Desk

Comment

I have submitted a new version of the plug-in with a temporary workaround (3.24.326.10) - hopefully it will be available for download in the HS plug-in updater soon.

If you want to try it out earlier, you can replace the file HSPI_HSBuddy.exe in your HS install folder with the one located here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgRzXPqv73sTg4cq...yK94g?e=O8gNOI (make sure to restart the plug-in afterwards)

Comment

Hi, I just tried it and it works great! I can now control devices with one button push again. Thanks much!

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                I have submitted a new version of the plug-in with a temporary workaround (3.24.326.10) - hopefully it will be available for download in the HS plug-in updater soon.

If you want to try it out earlier, you can replace the file HSPI_HSBuddy.exe in your HS install folder with the one located here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgRzXPqv73sTg4cq...yK94g?e=O8gNOI (make sure to restart the plug-in afterwards)

Comment

Working...
                X