help with new version of hsbuddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with new version of hsbuddy

There must have bedn an update to this app that has made it much worse. I used to be able to tell very quickly what lights were on becvause they were yellow. Now everything is black and whitde and you can't tell anything without looking at each device. HOW DO I GET IT BACK TO SHOWING STATUS QUICKLY. And somehow I have an icon in the back of one of myh dashboards. How can I get rid of it. I click on front and i can then click and hold on widgets and delete them. But that doesn't work in the back-so how do i get rid of it.
    And you need to update your instruction video-it doesn't match the current app. It also doesn't show how to do anything that is the least bit diffult. How about showing me how to get the thermostat icon that shows in the video. Attached is a screen shot of my two thermostats. I spent hours searching through devices and this is the best I can do. I was hoping this app would replace the imperihome app which no longer works. But it so is not good at all.
    Attached Files

Hey there. Looks like a lot of things going wrong I'll try to unpack one at a time, but if you have a chance, it will be easier to investigate each issue if you submit a bug for each of these from the app (Menu->Options->Feedback)

I used to be able to tell very quickly what lights were on because they were yellow. Now everything is black and white and you can't tell anything without looking at each device.
    Are you referring to the image of the frame with a frowny face (as in the posted screenshot)? Those show up when the app was not able to retrieve the actual image from the server - probably a networking issue. If it does not resolve after restarting the app, I would recommend trying with a cache flush (Menu->Options->General->Clear cached data)

But if you mean that the actual status for the light shows up but in black&white then that is really odd - submitting a bug from that section of the app will be really helpful (see beginning of the post)

And somehow I have an icon in the back of one of myh dashboards. How can I get rid of it. I click on front and i can then click and hold on widgets and delete them. But that doesn't work in the back
    Multi-select by holding down on widgets should work the same in the front and back layers, but if that is giving you trouble, you can also delete the widget from the detailed editor. So the steps would go something like:
    1. Open the affected dashboard
    2. Enter edit mode (right-menu->Edit dashboard)
    3. If there are more than 1 section in the dashboard, choose the section you want to edit from the drop-down on the top bar
    4. Switch to the back layer (right-most button on the top bar)
    5. Tap on the widget to enter the detailed editor
    6. Tap on the "Delete" button on the bottom
    And you need to update your instruction video-it doesn't match the current app
    Do you mind sharing a link to this video? I didn't know there was an instruction video. I wonder who made the one you saw. Now that I think about it, a how-to video for dashboards sounds like a pretty cool idea. I have a dashboard that includes my Ecobee thermostat (attached below), I can make a video showing how I did it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thermostat.png
Views:	280
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	1465852

Comment

Working...
    X