New user questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user questions

All my controls disappeared from HSMobile and I can’t figure out how to fix it so I discovered and downloaded this app. So far so good but I have a couple of questions. First, when I control a device such as a light it always asks for confirmation. Is there a way to turn that off so the device just responds to the control immediately?
    The second question deals with thermostats. I have an Omni system that talks to Homeseer through a plug-in. The thermostats are part of the Omni system (so are most of my lights). I was able to add the thermostat widget but it does not show any controls. The best I was able to do was have controls pop up when I tap the thermostat widget and then I have access to set points etc. How do I create a widget that shows all the controls like the widgets shown in the guide with up and down buttons for temperature and things like that?
    Thanks for creating this app.

Hi JCCccc thanks for your post. Following up on your questions:

when I control a device such as a light it always asks for confirmation
    Where from the app are you trying to control the devices, is this from a dashboard or from the devices section? There is a setting for each widget in a dashboard to ask for confirmation, but it is off by default. The devices section does not have this feature turned on. If you can send feedback from within the app from where you're being asked for confirmation I can look into it more.

How do I create a widget that shows all the controls like the widgets shown in the guide with up and down buttons for temperature and things like that?
    Some of the dashboards shown in other posts I created by adding multiple widgets for the same device (thermostat). For example, in my case I have an Ecobee thermostat, and the plugin creates multiple children devices to control different aspects of the thermostat. I created a dashboard with 12 widgets of different kinds (control, status) to map to these devices as shown in the pictures below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.png
Views:	390
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	1475736

Name:	thermostat.png
Views:	353
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1475737

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. On the confirmation issue I am controlling from a widget in a dashboard. I will send feedback from the app. Where do I find the setting for the widget regarding confirmation?

So for the thermostats you basically have 12 widgets grouped together, each of which is a separate function, is that right? I will go back in and see if I can figure out how to make the children widgets. I will let you know if I succeed.

Comment

In Homeseer, my thermostats look like this (and similar in the app).

Name:	Thermostat capture.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1475769
        I went into devices in the app, got into multi select, and selected temperature, heating and cooling setpoints, mode, fan mode, hold mode, and operating state and told it to create widgets. Then I went into the dashboard, selected the widgets and told it to put them in a group, Some, like temperature, are "status" while I tried to make others "control". But I still have no direct control. I now have, for example, a box that says cooling setpoint that shows temperature and has an icon with a pencil. If i tap that icon it opens a box where I can enter a value.

If I tap the widget, it opens a "quick controls" box with all the controls. (All of the separate widgets do the same thing, so having multiple widgets doesn't really help.)

If I tap on, say, cooling setpoint in that quick controls box it shows the temperature, and if I tap that it again opens the box to allow me to enter a value just like if I tapped on the pencil icon.

If I hold the widget it opens all the parameters similar to the devices page.

Maybe that's just the way the thermostat functions as opposed to yours with the up and down arrows and all the separate boxes for different modes, whereas mine has a drop down box for modes and a box to enter temperatures.

I didn't see a way to create separate widgets like you did for (1) low target temp, (2) minus button, and (3) plus button, as an example.

Comment

I realize this is a bit of an old thread. Howerver, I just came across this as well. I'm looking at adding up/down single tap icons to raise and lower the temp in a dashboard.
          How do I get this look? I have this available in Imperihome, but I'm thinking on creating a screen for my wife which has a look and feel of up/down arrows for the temperature within HSBuddy.

Name:	image.png
Views:	123
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1653477
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

bump
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Here's how I built mine:

Views:	80
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	1653827

Comment

Here's what I get. Still don't understand how you get the up/down buttons...

Views:	76
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1653831

Comment

It's an image widget (not a device) and then you can pick an image for it (I use the chevrons):

Views:	84
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1653833

Comment

Ah-ha... there it is. Thanks windracer for clearing this up.

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
                      Here's how I built mine:

Views:	80
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	1653827
                      How did you get the large temperatures in blue/red?

Comment

Originally posted by aarpi3 View Post
                        How did you get the large temperatures in blue/red?
                        I used the "Text Format" settings for the Text Widget to "scale to fit size" (which makes the text large), and then used the Text Color field to set them to red/blue.

Comment

Working...
                        X