Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost all config

Hi

My app lost all its configuration and no idea why or if it is recoverable? I initially noticed it when trying to use a shortcut. When it opened the app it went to the config screen. I typed in my connection details and it logged in fine but nothing left. All dashboards gone, all shortcuts etc. Also when I reset the shortcuts I needed, now when I try and use them I get “profile not found”

any Ideas?

Hi.

Unfortunately this has happened before and I haven’t been able to track down why it happens. The settings are saved in a location that is supposed to be persistent but every once in a while the configuration is deleted by the phone. I strongly recommend turning on cloud-sync for App Settings to work around this. You can find it under Options -> Data Sync. You can also save dashboards to the HS server if have installed the HSBuddy plug-in. Although that’s meant more for sharing across different users, it can also serve as a way to back them up.

When the settings are deleted by the phone and recreated the new connection to the server is given a different profile name. That is why you’re seeing the “profile not found error”.

Comment

Hi

That’s unfortunate but thanks for the reply. Fortunately I hadn’t got far with dashboards. However I do seem to have another issue in that, even after deleting the shortcut and recreating it I still get a “profile not found” error? Any ideas what I need to do to resolve this? Bizarrely if I use the shortcut that is available by a long press on the app it seems to work. If I launch it from the shortcuts widget / app, it does not. I’ve tried closing the HSBuddy app, shortcuts app, etc. It’s like the shortcuts app is retaining the old profile info.

Comment

Working...
      X