How to improve look and layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to improve look and layout?

I’m looking to move from Imperihome. How do you make the HS Buddy interface look better?

Current Imperihome
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5E2FD807-CCB8-485D-BC41-3666C20DFE62.jpeg
Views:	399
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1493596

vs. HS Buddy version.

Name:	C1B8E142-CBE0-4C4D-B5B0-DE849D550DFD.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1493597
    Attached Files
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Here is an Imperihome light page

Attached Files
    -Tim

Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I too would love to attach some images to the widgets. I haven't found out yet how to do this. Is this possible?

Comment

Guess this app isn’t supported. We need a native HS mobile app
        -Tim

Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

There are two native HS mobile apps. Avargaskun gets busy this time of year with his real job- HSBuddy is free and isn't Imperihome, which went bankrupt years ago. There are good instructions on his support site. For me, HSBuddy geofencing is second to none. I use HSMobile for monitoring. I use automation and Alexa for control. Hope you can find something you like.

Comment

Hi email68 although it's a bit time consuming, it is possible to build better looking dashboards in HSBuddy. Look at this post for an example a dashboard built Tillsy using the app: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...76#post1448676

There is documentation on how to use the dashboard editor: http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net/pages/dashboards.html

Comment

Thanks for the info and the link. I’ll check it out.
              -Tim

Way2 Call
              Elk M1 Gold
              UPB HAI switches
              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Is it possible to improve the switch icon using that image in HS3 as shown in op? I haven't upgraded to HS4 yet where each device has features, but the real-estate taken up in the app for a simple on-off switch is huge using HS3. Perhaps it's me, but I'd be happy with the device icon similar to that on the device management page. Is this possible?
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  Is it possible to improve the switch icon using that image in HS3 as shown in op? I haven't upgraded to HS4 yet where each device has features, but the real-estate taken up in the app for a simple on-off switch is huge using HS3. Perhaps it's me, but I'd be happy with the device icon similar to that on the device management page. Is this possible?
                  Hi! I am confused about the switch icon you're referring to. Could you provide a screenshot?

Comment

Sure thing.... This is what I mean. As you can see, it takes up a lot of realestate.

Name:	Screenshot_20211209-101813.png
Views:	132
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	1513045
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean. For simpler controls like ON/OFF you can display them in the dashboard like they do in the device list, but control them with a single tap, as follows:

1. When creating a widget for the device, choose Status for Widget type
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	WidgetType.png Views:	0 Size:	161.3 KB ID:	1513125

2. Scroll down in the widget editor and under Actions select the Tap gesture
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	TapAction.png Views:	0 Size:	169.6 KB ID:	1513124

3. In the action editor, under Action select Control device
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	ControlDevice.png Views:	0 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	1513126

4. In the pop-up menu, select Toggle on/off
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Toggle On:Off.png Views:	0 Size:	164.9 KB ID:	1513123

5. Save your changes.

The devices should look more like the following, using the built-in HS icons for ON/OFF. A single tap on the device should flip them between ON and OFF. It's possible to assign the control action to a long-press instead which makes it harder to control the device unintentionally.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Devices2.png Views:	0 Size:	217.6 KB ID:	1513133

Note: if Toggle on/off is not available you will need to edit the device controls in your HS server. Make sure the Control Use is set properly for the ON and OFF controls

Click image for larger version  Name:	ControlUse2.png Views:	0 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	1513132

Comment

Fantastic!!! Thanks for the clear instructions.

Works Great.

Robert

Comment

If it helps at all, this is how much I have crammed into my display... with more still to be squeezed in

Name:	IMG_D565932A10A4-1.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1513259

Comment

That's a busy screen. Looks good!

How did you do the power meter?

Comment

Working...
                            X