Any tips for screen scaling between phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips for screen scaling between phones

I have a motorola edge plus, and my wife had a galaxy s10. When I make a dashboard and then load the dashboard on her phone, the scaling is always off. It seems her font size is larger relative to the size of the widget than on my phone. Her text fills up more of the widget than mine.

Also, it looks as though she almost has an extra column on the far right side on dashboards I upload.

Any tips to make it look better between devices? Either sharing between different android phones or between android and iPhones? Thanks!

Nope, that's a 'Feature' of the current HSTouch! You have to make special screen sizes for every single different size you want to use.

A Feature!!

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
      Nope, that's a 'Feature' of the current HSTouch! You have to make special screen sizes for every single different size you want to use.

A Feature!!
      I realize I didn't mention it in my post, but I was talking about hsbuddy, I posted in the hsbuddy forum.

But yes that is a limitation of hstouch as well.

Comment

I attached a few pictures showing my scaling issue.

My phone is a motorola edge plus, all dashboards are made on my phone.

My wife's phone is a galaxy s10.

You can see the pictures from my phone have all features going all the way to the right side. My wife's phone has a gap between the feature and the right side.

You can also see text gets cut off on her screen. Is there any way to have the text scale automatically instead of being a set size? And anyway to fix the scaling to the right side of the screen?

I noticed the exact same issue on an iPhone that was using a dashboard originally made on my phone, but I can't remember what model iPhone it was.
        Attached Files

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

Hi! Thanks for sending the pictures. I'm looking into adding an option for auto-scaling text rather than specifying a static font size. That should help with the text labels that are getting cropped. For the time being I would suggest on the control widgets disabling the icon on the title, you can do that from the widget editor.

Would you be able to send a feedback report from each of the phones? That would be helpful to get their exact screen sizes.

Thanks!

​​​​​

Comment

Hey Thanks! I sent you a Feedback Report from both my wife's and my phones.

Text scaling would be great. It is funny how both my wife's and the iPhone end up looking exactly the same, it is like my screen is maybe taller/narrower than others? I don't have access to the iPhone right now.

Comment

Any insights from the feedback?

Comment

Here is another example of a dashboard I was just working on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

So I didn't even think before of checking the android font size. But once I did hers was set larger than mine, that's why the text was getting cut off.

I made my font size larger in my android settings and now it looks the same as hers.

This makes sense but would still be nice if there was a way hsbuddy could handle that with text scaling or wrapping.

And there is still the issue of her widgets not going all the way across the screen line mine do. But at least it will be readable now.

Comment

Originally posted by cd36 View Post
                      So I didn't even think before of checking the android font size. But once I did hers was set larger than mine, that's why the text was getting cut off.

I made my font size larger in my android settings and now it looks the same as hers.

This makes sense but would still be nice if there was a way hsbuddy could handle that with text scaling or wrapping.

And there is still the issue of her widgets not going all the way across the screen line mine do. But at least it will be readable now.
                      Responded in another thread but just in case, text auto-size and wrap-around will be available in version 1.0.75

There is a Beta available for testing in iOS, in case you want to try it out before it releases in the App Store: https://testflight.apple.com/join/YcxaaTG2 (an open beta for Android will also be available soon)

I haven't had a chance to look into the issue of the gap showing to the right of the widget on Android - but I believe the next iteration of dashboard features will address this.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Responded in another thread but just in case, text auto-size and wrap-around will be available in version 1.0.75

There is a Beta available for testing in iOS, in case you want to try it out before it releases in the App Store: https://testflight.apple.com/join/YcxaaTG2 (an open beta for Android will also be available soon)

I haven't had a chance to look into the issue of the gap showing to the right of the widget on Android - but I believe the next iteration of dashboard features will address this.
                        Thanks! Looking forward to testing out the future versions! I'm on Android so can't Beta Test right now, but will be interested once an Android version is available.

Comment

Working...
                        X