Transfer Dashboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer Dashboard?

Just curious if there’s a way to transfer a dashboard to another phone on a different iCloud account? I know you can backup and restore but is there a way to transfer it to say my partners phone?

You can use the backup/restore to another device. I use it to replicate dashboards between an Android and IPhone without much issue, sometimes I need to tweak a couple of things but its minor.

Comment

Originally posted by thomauto@aol.com View Post
      You can use the backup/restore to another device. I use it to replicate dashboards between an Android and IPhone without much issue, sometimes I need to tweak a couple of things but its minor.
      It says that just backs up to my icloud? Which would be locked to only my icloud account and wouldn't transfer to android correct? Or is there a way to get the save file off icloud and copy that to an another icloud account?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it uses your Homeseer server not icloud. It has a cloud symbol in "manage dashboards" in both the android and iphone apps. A bit of caution, when you upload the dashboards it overwrites what's currently on the server so I always modify dashboards on one device, upload from it, then download them to other devices. You can also pick and choose which dashboards are downloaded and displayed on the secondary devices.

Comment

Just to clarify:

There's a backup option for the entire app settings, including dashboards, favorites, etc, that uses iCloud or Google Cloud and can be enabled from the Options -> Data Sync menu. This won't work across different accounts.

There's also the option to sync just the dashboards with your server as thomauto@aol.com mentioned. You can do that from the right-side menu in the dashboards section, then "Manage dashboards". You can do this from any device connected to the same server.

​​​​​​​Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
            Just to clarify:

There's a backup option for the entire app settings, including dashboards, favorites, etc, that uses iCloud or Google Cloud and can be enabled from the Options -> Data Sync menu. This won't work across different accounts.

There's also the option to sync just the dashboards with your server as thomauto@aol.com mentioned. You can do that from the right-side menu in the dashboards section, then "Manage dashboards". You can do this from any device connected to the same server.

Thanks!
            Oh ok. I didn’t see that option. That’s exactly what I’m looking for though. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X