Verbal Notifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbal Notifications?

I am loving HS Buddy so far! Thanks for the app. If you need anyone to test or help just let me know.
    Just got the Geofencing working and Notifications.

I am wondering if there is a way to get the notifications to play verbally. In other words, hear the notification instead of having to grab my device, unlock it and then find the notification and read it.
    There is a notification system on Vera that does this and it works great for me. I can set which notifications are silent, play the default mobile devices notification sound or non verbal and say what I had previously put as that notification. It was very helpful.

I realize that there may be some third party app that will take notifications and play them verbally. That is an option.
    Any thoughts?

I had not considered this feature. As you mention, there are some other options in the form of third party apps that could do this.

Curious about the specific scenario you have in mind. Would this be for a phone or a fixed device within the house (like an iPad on the wall)?

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
      I had not considered this feature. As you mention, there are some other options in the form of third party apps that could do this.

Curious about the specific scenario you have in mind. Would this be for a phone or a fixed device within the house (like an iPad on the wall)?
      I would use it for either but mostly on a phone. Most of the time I am too busy to have to look at my phone to see what the notification is for.
      Here is the info on Vera Alerts in case you want to get an idea of how his worked. It works great for Vera Systems. I still am using it so if you need any more information on it let me know.

Comment

Working...
      X