Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in plugin function

In the HS log I see the next messages 5 times after starting HomeSeer:
    dec.-11 15:57:34 HSBuddy Error in plugin function GetStatus: Plugin has not finished loading device information
    dec.-11 15:57:24 HSBuddy Error in plugin function GetControl: Plugin has not finished loading device information
    What does this mean? Only a transient message during startup? I have never seen this before.

HSBuddy seems running OK. I can upload dashboards without a problem.

I am running HS4 version 4.2.6.0 on a RPi4.
    The version of HSBuddy is 3.26.1114.49

-- Cor --

Hello! Yes, it can take several seconds for the plugin to initialize depending on the number of devices in the server, and if you open the app during that time you may hit this error. I will reduce the severity of the log to warning, as it seems more appropriate.

Btw, when this happens, the app will fallback to using the regular JSON API to enumerate devices until the plugin is fully initialized.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the explication. Nothing to worry about it seems.

Comment

Hi, avargaskun

I just started running into the same issue when I start the plugin. Running version 3.28.1222.5. I get the error:
        Jul-25 10:45:06 HSBuddy Error in plugin function GetControl: Plugin has not finished loading device information
        Jul-25 10:45:06 HSBuddy Error in plugin function GetStatus: Plugin has not finished loading device information
        I have the app installed on 5 different phones and they are reporting their location - so perhaps they are trying to communicate at the same time as the plugin is loading? But I don't remember seeing it before and it happens every time I load the plugin in the last couple of days.

Also, I have noticed a couple of error messages in my startup log - "!~Error~!~Problem serializing data for JSON request: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.". It's impossible to tell what is throwing these messages but they started around the same time as the errors above so I thought I should mention them. Perhaps not even related.

Let me know if I should just ignore it or if there is more I should be looking into? Thanks.

Comment

The issue went away. This was obviously related to the JSON errors I was getting in the log. But I went to reboot the other day and no errors anywhere. So all good.

Comment

Working...
          X