Losing config?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing config?

Twice in the last two weeks I’ve opened HSB and my favorites and everything are gone. What’s the deal?

Originally posted by rragan View Post
    Twice in the last two weeks I’ve opened HSB and my favorites and everything are gone. What’s the deal?
    Hi! I have received similar reports and have been working on a workaround. I have not been able to reproduce the issue myself which makes it difficult to know if the workaround is good. Would you be interested in getting a Beta version of the fix and try it out?

Couple questions: is this on iOS or Android? and what version of the app are you currently running?

Comment

I am on iOS 15.1.1 and app version 1.0.70. Yes I’d be willing to test a beta.

Comment

Thanks. Here's a link to the test flight version: https://testflight.apple.com/join/YcxaaTG2

It should be version 1.0.73

​​​

Comment

Ok I’ve got it installed and am setting it back up.

Comment

I have the same issue. IOS 15.2 - although it has happened on previous version. Should I try the beta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same thing happen, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15.2. Loaded the app and everything was gone. Fortunately I had a cloud backup I could restore because I have a boat load of hours spent on my dashboards.

Comment

Just had a customer lose their hsbuddy config. The connection info was missing, they set that up again and downloaded dashboards and all good but not sure why it happened. They are on iOS as well not sure version though.

Comment

I have only seen this happen in iOS and after some investigation I think this is cause due to a 'feature' in iOS 15 called app pre-warming. Version 1.0.74 will come out in the next few days with a workaround that I am hopping will address this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                    I have the same issue. IOS 15.2 - although it has happened on previous version. Should I try the beta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Version 1.0.74 should be available as an update in the App Store now - I am hoping this version will fix the issue of the settings disappearing.

Thanks!
                    Last edited by avargaskun; December 29, 2021, 02:38 PM. Reason: Update recommendation now that version 1.0.74 is available

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Version 1.0.74 should be available as an update in the App Store now - I am hoping this version will fix the issue of the settings disappearing.

Thanks!
                      I lost my dashboards and settings months ago. I now have 1.0.74, so I started rebuilding dashboards yesterday. I got the first one done. Last night, I went to the app to try it, and the dashboard was gone again. The connection settings were still there and correct. I couldn't find anyway to restore the dashboard. This is very frustrating as it takes a good bit of time to create the dashboards. The main reason I stopped using HSmobile and went to HSbuddy is that there was no way to save the HSmobile setup, and I lost that once too.

Anyway, I do appreciate all your efforts here, especially as you haven't charged me anything. Just letting you know there is still something wrong here. I am on iPhone 8, iOS 15.1, iCloud backup enabled.

Comment

Forgive me for asking, did you save the configuration on the server or did this save not work?
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          Forgive me for asking, did you save the configuration on the server or did this save not work?
                          Nothing to forgive, that's a very valid question. I did not find the save function in time. I had thought that iCloud backup was automatically happening and did not know about the option to save to the HS server. I created a quick and simple dashboard saved it, deleted it, and reloaded it. That all worked, so I feel better about it. Now, I;m waiting to see if it too will disappear on its own, and if it does if I can reload it from the server.

Comment

Thanks... Yes, that's another reason why I asked - whether it will disappear on its own from the server. That feature has saved me many times due to messing up my configuration.
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I do get this message fairly routinely when opening the app on the iPhone. I can never reproduce it right away, it is usually after days of not using it. I click Retry and everything is fine. I haven't lost all settings in a while now - since I upgraded to the latest version around the time I posted above about losing settings.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5538.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	1523899

Comment

Working...
                              X