Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin stay in INFO: Plugin start is pending status.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin stay in INFO: Plugin start is pending status.

Hi.

I'm on the latest HS4 and HDBuddy plugin versions but the status of the plugin is always - INFO: Plugin start is pending and i can't get it to work what is the problem and how to fix this..?

Originally posted by smargi View Post
    Hi.

I'm on the latest HS4 and HDBuddy plugin versions but the status of the plugin is always - INFO: Plugin start is pending and i can't get it to work what is the problem and how to fix this..?
    Hi. If you stop and start the plug in, does any error message show up in the HS log?

Other folks have seen similar errors in the latest HS4 version that cleared up after stopping all other plug-ins first and starting them after HSBuddy. Might be worth a try.

Comment

Hi.

I tried stopping all the plugins and starting the HDBuddy first but still the same problem and in the log when I stop it I don't see any errors. any more ideas what could be the problem..?

Comment

Look for errors after the startup. That apparently is where your problem is.

Comment

2/15/2021 4:12:17 PM

HomeSeer
          Plug-In
          Finished initializing plug-in HSBuddy

12/15/2021 4:12:17 PM

HomeSeer
          Starting Plug-In
          HSBuddy loaded in 15004 milliseconds

This is from the log looks like everything is o.k even when I start the plug-in no error.

Comment

Maybe we can get more information about the root cause if you run the plug-in from the command line. Could you log into your server and try to start the plug-in manually? First stop the plug in in the web UI. Then, login to the server and from the folder where HS is installed you can either run:
            • HSPI_HSBuddy.exe (if you're on windows)
            • mono HSPI_HSBuddy.exe (if you're on Linux)
            Can you share with me what shows in the command line after doing that?

Comment

Unhandled Exception: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while activating ?:HSPI_HSBuddy.WebPages.IWebPage[] -> HSPI_HSBuddy.WebPages.FencesPage -> HSPI_HSBuddy.Clients.ClientManager -> HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database. ---> Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(HSPI_HSBuddy.Native.IHomeSeer)' on type 'Database'. ---> SQLite.SQLiteException: Corrupt
              at SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
              at SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Execute(String query, Object[] args)
              at SQLite.SQLiteConnection.CreateTable(Type ty, CreateFlags createFlags)
              at HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database.CreateTables()
              at HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database..ctor(IHomeSeer homeSeer)
              at lambda_method(Closure , Object[] )
              at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBindi ng.Instantiate()
              --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
              at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBindi ng.Instantiate()
              at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.Activ ateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
              at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& decoratorTarget)
              --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
              at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& decoratorTarget)
              at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute()
              at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance( ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
              at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRe gistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
              at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(ICompon entRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
              at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentCon text context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance)
              at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.AutowiringPropertyInjecto r.InjectProperties(IComponentContext context, Object instance, IPropertySelector propertySelector, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
              at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.InjectProperties[TService](IComponentContext context, TService instance)
              at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.Main(String[] args)

This is what came when i try to start the plugin from the command line and the plugin doesn't start after that it still disabled.

Comment

Thanks. That helps. Looks like there's an issue with the DB which appears to be corrupt. At this point it may be difficult to figure out what caused it.

For now what you can do to unblock the plug in from starting:
                • Stop the plug in
                • Under the HS installation folder do the following:
                  • cd Data
                  • cd HSBuddy
                  • mv hsbuddy.db3 hsbuddy.db3.old (replace mv with move if you're on Windows)
                • Start the plug-in
                This will delete client and geofence information unfortunately. Clients will be recreated automatically as you open the app on your phones again. Geofence will have to be recreated manually.

I'm adding a high priority task to look into automatically backing up the DB.

Comment

I did what you asked but still the same problem INFO: Plugin start is pending 😭

Comment

Found the problem My firewall was off but still blocked the plugin now everything is back to normal thanks.

Comment

Thank you for the update! Glad to know it's working. In order to help those who may run into this in the future, could you share your server OS (windows or Linux) and the steps you followed to change your firewall settings?

Comment

Hi.

The server I'm running is windows 10 but the firewall that block my program was not from windows or antivirus software it was from Acronis true image 2021 I didn't know they have some kind of firewall protection inside their software so now I learned to look for problems even at places you didn't think could cause the problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X