Cannot Get HSBuddy App To Connect To My Server Thru MYHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Get HSBuddy App To Connect To My Server Thru MYHS

When testing the MyHomeSeer connection in the HSBuddy app I get an error "java.net.socket time out exception". This error is for both HomeSeer and HSBuddy
    How can this be fixed?

The answer, here, is far above my pay grade, but it sounds like a network "situation." You might want to give a lot more information regarding the operating systems involved and network architecture. A network speed test might be helpful. Also, information about how "local" the connection is or isn't and what is seen with pings and what is not.
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

This started when I changed my server over to a HomeTrollerPlusG1 with a new License. I deleted the old license in MYHS and set the new as Primary. Now I cannot make the connection.

Comment

Originally posted by dparks View Post
        This started when I changed my server over to a HomeTrollerPlusG1 with a new License. I deleted the old license in MYHS and set the new as Primary. Now I cannot make the connection.
        What I've seen in the past is that for some people, the MyHS server they get assigned is not accessible from their device for some reason. The following steps will gather more information that may help determine if you're running into the same issue:
        • Make sure that the setting under Options > General > Advanced > Use MyHS Direct Route is turned on
        • Go to Options > General > Feedback and tap on "Report feedback"
        • Go to Options > Connection, check your connection settings and tap on "Test and Save"
        • After dismissing the error dialog, tap on the paper-plane icon at the top-left of the screen
        • Finish sending the report
        Thanks,
        Antonio

Comment

Followed your instructions and sent feedback. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for sending those reports. Based on the logs, it looks like MyHS redirects to your server using this address: connected33.homeseer.com

It may be possible that your phone cannot access the server for some reason. Coincidentally, in most similar issues I have investigated recently it is always connected33.homeseer.com - I don't know if this is a new host/fleet behind MyHS (my own systems are behind connectedca.homeseer.com) but it appears to be problematic for some folks.

What I would suggest next is to try an app like PingTools and do a ping and a traceroute against connected33.homeseer.com from the same phone where you are having trouble connecting with HSBuddy, and check the results. It seems to be working for me:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211228-233349_PingTools.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1517077

You may want to run the same test on WiFi and on Cellular data to make sure it is not an issue specific to a connection type.

Comment

I resolved this issue. When I changed servers and made the new server my primary in MYHS I used the same User Name and Password.
              To attempt to solve I created a new user in the server and added this new user to MYHS with same password. That solution allowed me to connect.
              It has been working now without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dparks View Post
                I resolved this issue. When I changed servers and made the new server my primary in MYHS I used the same User Name and Password.
                To attempt to solve I created a new user in the server and added this new user to MYHS with same password. That solution allowed me to connect.
                It has been working now without issue.
                Thank you for following up! Not sure why that manifested as a timeout from MyHS - I'd have expected an error to come back instead. Knowing this was the root cause in your case helps, I will suggest others running into similar timeouts to try changing their MyHS username as part of the troubleshooting steps.

Comment

Working...
                X