Device Name Update Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Name Update Frequency

How often does HSBuddy update the Device Name?

I have some VIrtual Devices made by AKWeather showing weather forecasts. For each device the device name is in this format: Location - Today Date. Every day the Device Name changes to reflect the new Date.

HSBuddy only shows the Device Name that was first made when the device was created. The next day, the Device Name doesn't change when AK Weather updates with the new dates.

Is there any way to force HSBuddy to update the Device Name when it changes?

By default it should be refreshed every 5 minutes. The configuration for this is located under Options > Data Sync > Server Refresh > Everything else. Do you have that option turned on?

Comment

Yup it is turned on. I haven't noticed a similar issue with any virtual devices I manually create and change the name on, just the ones from AK Weather. I even deleted them and remade them and it did the exact same thing.

Also I seem to see duplicates in the device list in hsbuddy of these devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220103-060645.png
Views:	113
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1518229Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220103-060605.png
Views:	127
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1518227Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220103-060540.png
Views:	111
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1518228

Comment

Maybe it's related to how that plugin updates the device details that does not work well with how the HSBuddy plugin gets their information. If you disable the HSBuddy plugin on the server and restart the app, does this still happen?

Comment

I went to disable the plugin and noticed there was an update I had missed. I was on 3.26.1114.49, so I updated to the latest version, which mostly seemed to just fix issues with device history.

Anyways once the plugin updated and reloaded, I checked the app, and it had updated correctly, and the device list wasn't showing duplicates anymore.

I'll check tomorrow to see if it updates properly when the day changes again.

Comment

Ok so disabling the plugin is the ticket.

This morning the device status didn't update correctly again. So I shut down the plugin on the server, then pulled down to refresh the dashboard and everything updated correctly.

Comment

That's what I thought. Something about how that plugin updates its devices does not trigger the internal event that HSBuddy uses to detect configuration changes. It may be something specific to HS4 too, but you've seen this work for virtual devices so I'm not sure . As a quick workaround I've added a periodic refresh operation that will scan devices. By default it will run every 10 minutes, to catch these edge cases that do not trigger the realtime update.

I have not posted it yet to the updater. If you have a chance to test it out beforehand, you can replace the file HSPI_HSBuddy.exe on your HS installation with the one available in this link

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                That's what I thought. Something about how that plugin updates its devices does not trigger the internal event that HSBuddy uses to detect configuration changes. It may be something specific to HS4 too, but you've seen this work for virtual devices so I'm not sure . As a quick workaround I've added a periodic refresh operation that will scan devices. By default it will run every 10 minutes, to catch these edge cases that do not trigger the realtime update.

I have not posted it yet to the updater. If you have a chance to test it out beforehand, you can replace the file HSPI_HSBuddy.exe on your HS installation with the one available in this link
                Thanks ill try and test it if I get a chance.

For me that will be sufficient as it only updates once a day. Haven't noticed the issue with anything else yet besides this one situation.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be sending some coffee money soon for all the quick fixes/additions you've done lately!

Comment

Working...
                X