Push fails from event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push fails from event

Got this when trying to send picture via event. Event is below. Not getting anything on HSBuddy app in phone. Help please ??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Log - 192.168.40.6.png
Views:	179
Size:	605.2 KB
ID:	1518467

Name:	Event - 192.168.40.6.png
Views:	163
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1518468

Make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin. Should be 3.28

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
      Make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin. Should be 3.28
      Thanks for that, but please note that the HS4 plugin management page does not show this update being available. I had to use the legacy page to access and apply the update to 3.28.

This seemed to update ok according to the log, however maybe not since I now have some errors in the log and on the PI page after the update.

Name:	Log - 192.168.40.6.png
Views:	132
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	1518601

Name:	Plugin Management - 192.168.40.6.png
Views:	121
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1518602

Comment

Thanks for the note - I think other's have reported the same issue with the updater not picking up the latest version. I'll keep an eye on this when the next version comes out.

Regarding the second error, I think someone else mentioned they had seen the same. If I remember correctly, it seemed to be related to some conflict between plugins. Would you be able to troubleshoot by disabling all plugins and enabling only HSBuddy? Does the error persist in that case?

Comment

Regarding the second error, I think someone else mentioned they had seen the same. If I remember correctly, it seemed to be related to some conflict between plugins. Would you be able to troubleshoot by disabling all plugins and enabling only HSBuddy? Does the error persist in that case?
          I restarted my HS computer just because. Then as instructed disabled all plugins except HSBuddy and Zwave and Zwave UI.

Still have the message shown in the HSBuddy PI tile and don't have any HSBuddy plugin access from the menu.

Comment

That's odd. What specific version of HS and OS are you using? I'll see if I can get a repro of this.

Comment

That's odd. What specific version of HS and OS are you using? I'll see if I can get a repro of this.
              HS 4.2.6.0 on Windows 10

Comment

UPDATE...

I started to see same issue on other plugins on my system. Then a search of the forums shows this happening to many on various plugins.

I rebooted HS4 server which didn't seem to help.

Went to HS4 server and saw on event log a .NET error just before the plugin crash.

Stopped HS4. Ran CCleaner find and remove issues in registry on HS4 server. Rebooted server. HS4 started normally. All my plugins started normally and show as expected with no unusual errors.

So I don't know exactly what was happening but just happy with the current status!

Comment

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that things are working now.

Do you have by any chance a copy of the .NET error in the registry that led you down this path? I thought it would be useful to have it handy in case it helps others running into the same issue in the future.

Comment

See attached capture of three event log entries that appear to be a related sequence. This sequence repeats many times for the same error before it was fixed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X