X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't set up geolocation

server plugin 3.28.1222.5
    android 11 app 1.0.72

am able to connect to server (test & save in app works, client listed as registered client in HS plugin) but when try to enable geolocation get this error:

Code:
    Test results
    Home
    {"errno":"ENOTFOUND","code":"ENOTFOUND","syscall":"getaddrinfo","hostname":"NAMEOFMYHSSERVER"}
    have two geofence locations configured in the plugin
    app does have location permissions on phone

didn't find anything when searching for this error. what should i check?

thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ; January 6, 2022, 04:43 PM. Reason: fixed picture

Hello!

In order to use Geolocation it is necessary to configure the connection to use either MyHS or a public internet address where your server can be reached (for example, if you have a custom DNS)

From the bug report and the image above, it looks like your server connection is configured with the address "pitroller", which is not an address reachable via the Internet. You could try setting up a MyHS connection and also enable a "local" connection to speed up commands while connected via your home WiFi.

Comment

Having similar issue. I had it set up before, but I cycled it to try to fix it since it quit working correctly. Now, it flashes "configuring", but then it turns it right back off again.
      Checked permissions in android and it has permission. Sent a report.

Comment

Are the location infos sent directly from the the phone to myhs/public , or is there a middleman ?

Comment

great question, I was just thinking the same thing as the geolocation has seemed to have stopped for more than just a couple of users. Or perhaps an issue with myHS passing the data?

Comment

It's set for myhs as Avar has already stated before my post.
            As I said... It WAS working. I have noticed now that since I disabled, my phone disappeared from the HS geofence. But my hsbuddy just doesn't want to enable. It's like something in the configuration that it tries to do is failing.

Comment

Unfortunaly i have the same problem again. No geodata anymore and enable is not possible. Already send a feedback report.

Comment

I think this is the same/related topic as this thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...e-won-t-enable

So perhaps easier if we combine responses on that thread?

Comment

Agreed. Looks like it's been an issue for a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X