Geolocation Service won't enable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geolocation Service won't enable

My geolocation recently stopped working and I'm not sure why. On my iPhone 12. latest iOS I can no longer enable the Geolocation service. Every time I enable it, it says "Enabling Geolocation Service" then fails and returns to the screen without ever enabling it. I've tried re-installing the app, no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gents,

Any ideas? I've honestly run out of things to try and I rely heavily on Geofencing so it's frustrating the hell out of me. I made a video to show exactly what I'm referring to.

https://bit.ly/3LNMxXV

Comment

Originally posted by auzzzie View Post
      My geolocation recently stopped working and I'm not sure why. On my iPhone 12. latest iOS I can no longer enable the Geolocation service. Every time I enable it, it says "Enabling Geolocation Service" then fails and returns to the screen without ever enabling it. I've tried re-installing the app, no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks
      Did you install HSBuddy plugin on your HS?

Comment

Yes. I've had this all working for months, dashboards are built, everything works. Geolocation just no longer enables as shown. I've tried clearing the home areas, reseting everything, deleting the app and reinstalling. I even tried not restoring my config thinking maybe something in the dashboard/app config. Same problem.

Comment

auzzzie - just getting to this, not sure if you have sent an bug report from the app. It would be useful to create a fresh one anyway - could you do the following? From the app:

* Go to Options > Feedback
          * Tap on "Report Feedback"
          * Go to Options > Geolocation
          * Set it to "Enabled"
          * Tap on the paper-plane icon at the top-left corner of the screen
          * Complete the report and send it.

This may help figure out what is causing the error on your device. I also have the latest iOS enabled on an iPhone Xs and was just able to turn geolocation on/off without a problem, so I'm hoping it's something specific to your configuration that we can sort out.

Comment

Appreciate the assistance. I have submitted as requested.

It's possible it's my device I just can't imagine what, it was working on said device and I've tried removing the app, a blank config etc.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
              auzzzie - just getting to this, not sure if you have sent an bug report from the app. It would be useful to create a fresh one anyway - could you do the following? From the app:

* Go to Options > Feedback
              * Tap on "Report Feedback"
              * Go to Options > Geolocation
              * Set it to "Enabled"
              * Tap on the paper-plane icon at the top-left corner of the screen
              * Complete the report and send it.

This may help figure out what is causing the error on your device. I also have the latest iOS enabled on an iPhone Xs and was just able to turn geolocation on/off without a problem, so I'm hoping it's something specific to your configuration that we can sort out.
              Don't suppose you've managed to identify anything have you? I've got no ideas left and missing my geofencing so might have to start looking at other solutions which i was hoping to avoid as HSBuddy worked flawlessly for me for so long. Very odd.

Comment

I am just enabling geolocation on my wife’s phone and it shuts itself off. I don’t even see HSBuddy in the location services in the iPhone to grant it access.
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Had same problem overhere. The cause was that the connection to myhs was not ok. I tryed everything. The solution was to change the password in myhs and in HSBuddy and the local hs4 account. This should be the same as you myhs account.

Walter

Comment

I have the same problem as wpiman. Walter I will try your solution. Thanks

Comment

no difference with changes to myHS. avargaskun I sent you feedback per your instructions above. Cannot enable geolocation service on two iphones that were working up until yesterday.

Thanks for taking a peek

Comment

Took a while but I'm glad to see others now reporting this issue as well just to know it's not a me problem because I tried absolutely everything.

Comment

Better restart after changing passwords

Comment

I am having the same issue. At first I noticed that some clients simply stopped reporting location about 24 hours ago despite geolocation being turned on. Then while trying to diagnose the issue I turned off geolocation on one client and then it wouldn't let me turn it on again. I tried reinstalling the app, same thing. Also, I noticed that HSBuddy is not showing up in the Location Services list - perhaps because geolocation will not turn on? I ran the feedback and shared it. Version 1.0.77 (221061016)

Comment

Same problem overhere again. It was working and changed nothing. Enable is not possibe. I send a feedback report.

Comment

Working...
                              X