Push Notifications Do Not Appear on Fire Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push Notifications Do Not Appear on Fire Tablet

I am experiencing a problem where push notifications are sent to a Fire Tablet which is confirmed in Options > Notifications, and Server > [Notifications tab] but the pop-up never appears. I can reproduce this indefinitely. Any ideas, or is this a bug?

Hello! This is an actual issue with HSBuddy running on Fire Tablet since they use a different notification channel than Android devices. I don't know if someone has figured out a workaround - I have added a proper fix to the backlog.

Btw, out of curiosity, did you install the app from the Amazon store or did you side-load the Play store?

Comment

Originally, I had side-loaded the app using the Play store which resulted in version 1.0.77 being installed. In case there was a difference with the app on Amazon App store, I removed the original installation and then reinstalled using the Amazon App store which resulted in version 1.0.75 being installed. The behavior between the two was the same.

Comment

On a normal Android device, the user can change how a notification appears by long pressing the notification and changing that notification's channel settings. Have you tried that on the Fire Tablet?

Comment

The notification does not pop-up on the screen or in the pull-down window notifications area. I have confirmed notifications are enabled for applications, and confirmed HSBuddy is receiving the notifications since they appear in Options > Notifications, and Server > [Notifications tab]. I am just unsure how to get the notifications to appear on the screen. FYI, my Samsung Galaxy S21 does display the notifications on the screen when HSBuddy is the active application.

Comment

me229 I've just submitted version 1.0.77 to the Amazon Store which enables notifications for Fire tablets. It should become available for download within a week. Let me know after you install it if things are working as expected. I did limited testing on my end and notifications seemed to behave same as in other Android devices.

Comment

Thank you for testing and updating. I will look for the updated version and test push notifications.

Comment

I just checked for the updated version and do not see that Amazon has published the new version yet.

Comment

Thanks for the ping. Not sure what's wrong, the app has been pending review since last week. I've reached out to see what is holding up the process.

Comment

Originally posted by me229 View Post
                    I just checked for the updated version and do not see that Amazon has published the new version yet.
                    A new version of the app should now be available in the Amazon Appstore (1.0.77) with support for notifications. There are some limitations on FireOS currently though: camera images are not shown on the system notification (but they are in the pop-up notifications if the app is in the foreground), and custom sounds are not supported at the moment. Make sure you're on the latest version of the plugin (4.30) if you have the HS4 version installed.

Comment

Thank you for the tip about updating the plugin. I had version 3.28.1222.5 installed and push notifications were not working. Updating the plugin on HS4 resolved that issue. Thank you for making this change and helping me.

Comment

Working...
                      X