X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 plugin version now available for download

Hi folks!

A version of the HSBuddy plugin that works natively with HS4 is finally available for download. The new HS4 plugin version also includes the ability to specify a custom sound for notifications. This new feature requires updated versions of the app for iOS and Android which will hit the respective stores in the following days.

Before installing the new HS4 version you need to uninstall the HS3 version of the plugin from your system. Data about clients, geofences, smart-tags, etc. should remain across the upgrade. I've done some testing but it wouldn't hurt to do a manual backup and make a copy the file [HS]/Data/HSBuddy/hsbuddy.db3 before upgrading

Going forward new features for the plug-in will be added to the HS4 version, and only critical fixes will make it back to the HS3 version.

There is also a new forum topic for the HS4 version of the plugin, but you can post to either as I will continue monitoring both.

Thanks!
    -Antonio

This is great! Thanks for your continued work.
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Eagerly awaiting the ability to manage dashboards from within the homeseer web browser.
      I find it just too hard to do it on my phone.

Awesome work!

Comment

Originally posted by shennecke
        Loaded it on my android phone. Now all events show run last at 01/01/0001
        I hadn't noticed this until now. I'll look into this shortly and post a fix. Thank you for reporting it!

Comment

I had a few events marked with Error icons after upgrading. I had a few events for push notifications that included buttons with an Action for controlling a device and for some reason the Value (on or off) was empty so I had to pick that again to make the event valid again.

Comment

I'm also seeing high CPU usage by the mono process for HSBuddy on my RasPi since upgrading. It's consistently in the 20-39% range.

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
              I had a few events marked with Error icons after upgrading. I had a few events for push notifications that included buttons with an Action for controlling a device and for some reason the Value (on or off) was empty so I had to pick that again to make the event valid again.
              Thank you for trying the new version of the plugin. I thought I tested the upgrade scenario with action buttons but will give it another try, sorry about that!

I'm also seeing high CPU usage by the mono process for HSBuddy on my RasPi since upgrading. It's consistently in the 20-39% range.
              I looked into this briefly but not seeing a similar behavior on my system. I have a headless linux box, not an rpi, so perhaps it is less noticeable. Wondering what part of the plugin that may be coming from. Do you have events that with geolocation triggers or conditions?

Comment

Thanks for the new version for HS4 and for Android. I updated the later and all my events show the last time they were run correctly. I do not see the date change mentioned above. Running P30Pro with Android 10 if it makes any difference.

Comment

On my iPhone all last run dates are 01/01/0001 with the latest HS4 verions.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                    On my iPhone all last run dates are 01/01/0001 with the latest HS4 verions.
                    Make sure you have version 4.30 of the plugin installed and restart the app on the phone after that. That should bring back the proper 'last run' time to the app. If that doesn't work, it would be helpful to get a feedback report from the app (Options > Feedback)

Thanks!

Comment

NG, cannot update to 4.30.824.2, it says I have to disable first, but I did disable first.
                      Win10 PC

EDIT---

Now the older disabled version doesn't even show as installed. Yet when I try to install 4.30 warning to disable old version still appears. This is not good.

EDIT---
                      Shutdown HS4, restart HS4, old version shows again. Disabled old version, now new version installs as it should.

Last run date now shows.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                        Shutdown HS4, restart HS4, old version shows again. Disabled old version, now new version installs as it should.
                        Not sure what may have caused this. I've done the update myself successfully. This is the first version bump of the plugin since the move to native HS4 so it could be a real issue - will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                          I looked into this briefly but not seeing a similar behavior on my system. I have a headless linux box, not an rpi, so perhaps it is less noticeable. Wondering what part of the plugin that may be coming from. Do you have events that with geolocation triggers or conditions?
                          Not using any of the geo-location stuff. I'm also noticing some different icons on my door locks (doesn't match what I have set in HS) and the statuses are not always updating properly. Still looking into it ...

Comment

I'm also noticing some different icons on my door locks (doesn't match what I have set in HS) and the statuses are not always updating properly.
                            Fixed by updating to 4.31.827.10.

I did find I had geolocation set up ... probably did that back when I first set up HSBuddy but wasn't actually using it, so I deleted the entry and turned it off. Still seeing the high CPU usage from the mono process for HSBuddy though.

Comment

I'm seeing issues with the new version of the app still ... the images are changing but the status text is not. For example, I have a bunch of lights on right now so the yellow "on" image appears in HSBuddy on my iPhone, but the status text still says "Off" (and they properly show "On" in HS4). Also, trying to control the lights from the app doesn't seem to work, like the command is not getting through. I am seeing the communication arrows at the top of the app though (and I see "Running JSON function GetStatus with user ..." messages in the log). Same with event action buttons ... I tap the button but don't see the related action actually happening in HS4.

Not sure if this is a side-effect of the high CPU usage I'm seeing from the plug-in on my RasPi, of if it's causing it. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X