Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you be able to send a feedback report from the app? You would to stsrt the report before attempting the failed control commands. The plug-in isn't involved in the control of devices so I'm suspecting a connectivity issue between the app and the server.

Comment

I've sent in a report, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for sending the report! I am seeing a lot of request timeouts caused by redirects. It looks like the MyHS gateway that is reported for this system is wrong. I would try turning OFF the option for Use MyHS Direct Route (found under Options > General > Advanced) and see if control requests from the app work more consistently. If that is the case I would leave that option turned off for now while I do a bit more digging.

Comment

Still seems sluggish after turning off the direct route. This time using the dashboard icons to toggle the light on and off seemed to work faster, but the icon still wasn't changing properly to reflect the status fo the device. I sent in another report for comparison.

Comment

Actually, now that you have that patch for the CPU usage, the app seems to be more responsive again! I even turned direct route back on and now when I turn on a light it happens almost right away AND the status icon updates. So maybe this was related to the CPU usage or something else you fixed in that patch?

Comment

It's quite possible. I was going to suggest turning off the plug-in next as another test but this makes sense. Thanks for the confirmation! I'll submit the performance fix as version 4.32.

Comment

I cant seem to get HSBuddy for HS4 installed. It says it installed correctly but does not show up. In the HS Logfile, I see:

Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI'. Assembly: 'HSPI_HSBuddy, Version=4.33.906.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. I have .net 4 installed. Any ideas?​
                A computer's attention span is as long
                as it's powercord.

Comment

Hi sdanks, a few questions to find more info on your system:

- is this an upgrade from version 3 of the plugin or a fresh new install?
                  - are you on Windows, Linux or RPI?

Comment

Fresh install, running HS4, and windows 10
                    as it's powercord.

Comment

Hi sdanks - sorry for the delay. On the particular version of .NET, I believe you should have at least version 4.5 installed. Just wanted to confirm that is the case.

I was wondering if you get any additional information if you run the plugin from the command line. That is, leave it installed but disabled in the HS plugin manager, and from a command prompt, go to the HomeSeer installation folder and run:

Code:
                      HSPI_HSBuddy.exe
                      Is there any additional information displayed in the console (than what you saw on the HS log)?

Comment

Upgraded to .net 6. Then I ran the program in a cmd box. It says:

Code:
                        Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI'. Assembly: 'HSPI_HSBuddy, Version=4.33.906.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
                        at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.Main(String[] args)​
                        as it's powercord.

Comment

I'm getting this error in my log...
                          10/4/2022 2:17:08 AM Legacy-Plugin/Script
                          HSBuddy
                          Method GetPresets does not exist in this plugin.

I'm fairly new to HS4 and hsbuddy, but see this dozens of times, just started and with 1.0.80 Android devices used hsbuddy to open. Another tablet updated and it also is doing it.
                          Any direction is appreciated
                          Thanks,
                          Joe

Comment

Originally posted by BJH View Post
                            I'm getting this error in my log...
                            10/4/2022 2:17:08 AM Legacy-Plugin/Script
                            HSBuddy
                            Method GetPresets does not exist in this plugin.

I'm fairly new to HS4 and hsbuddy, but see this dozens of times, just started and with 1.0.80 Android devices used hsbuddy to open. Another tablet updated and it also is doing it.
                            Any direction is appreciated
                            Thanks,
                            Joe
                            Hi BJH - Sounds like you have the HS3 version of the plugin (3.xx). You should try upgrading to the HS4 version (4.xx). A fix for the older version is coming (3.30) for folks running HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
                              Upgraded to .net 6. Then I ran the program in a cmd box. It says:

Code:
                              Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI'. Assembly: 'HSPI_HSBuddy, Version=4.33.906.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
                              at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.Main(String[] args)​
                              Hi sdanks , unfortunately I was not able to repro this on a Win10 system. I'm not familiar with that error, it's the first time I've seen this. One suggestion that might give more clues into what is happening:
                              • Open the file HSPI_HSBuddy.exe.config on the HS install folder
                              • Uncomment the whole <system.diagnostics> section at the bottom and save the file
                              • Try running again from the command line
                              Is there any new information output there?

Comment

When my automatic HS4 backup runs, I get this error:
                                Warning
                                A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HSBuddy\history.db3' because it is being used by another process.
                                Warning
                                A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HSBuddy\hsbuddy.db3' because it is being used by another process.​​

So can I assume that HSbuddy stuff is NOT being backed up? I'm getting ready ti upgrade HSbuddy from HS3 to HS4 (since I'm on HS4) and don't want to risk losing all the work I did on dashboards etc.
                                thanks,
                                JOE

Comment

Working...
                                X