Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi BJH The HSBuddy plugin keeps a file to its DB open while it is running which interferes with backup. If you are trying to create a manual backup you can workaround this by first stopping HSBuddy (from the plugin management page) then creating the backup. That should clear the error you are seeing and it will include the DB for HSBuddy as part of the backup.

Comment

Still getting this in the HS log: Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI'. Assembly: 'HSPI_HSBuddy, Version=4.33.906.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
      Tried clicking on HSPI_HSBuddy.exe and still the same error (The cannot be final method error). Do you think maybe installing the HS3 version then upgrading to the HS4 version might work?
      A computer's attention span is as long
      as it's powercord.

Comment

Thank you sir. I'll do that for the manual backups... Can I do a script that will stop hsbuddy at 3am when the auto backups run, and then restart? So that the auto backups does everything?
        I'm a novice when it comes to scripts, only doing a few instant ones to make log entries, so explicit directions or references to docs would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks Joe

Comment

OK. I performed the steps to upgrade from HSBuddy 3 to now 4.33.906.1. According to the log it worked correctly, and I enabled HSbuddy.
          ON MY PHONE, I went to by dashboard(s) and was able to turn a light on/off - so sounds good so far.
          However, by next step was to ensure the latest versions of dashboards are updated - so I have attempted to UPLOAD from phone to HS (which is running on a windows 10 PC). I g
          et "Operation Failed" after 10-15 seconds. I tried DOWNLOADING (since they were sync'd they should be the same) and I get the same error after about 10 secs, Operation Failed.
          Android phone using 1.0.80. (I have fire tablets also but haven't tried them yet). So no need to update the tablets/phones, right?
          thanks,
          JOE

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
            Still getting this in the HS log: Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI'. Assembly: 'HSPI_HSBuddy, Version=4.33.906.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
            Tried clicking on HSPI_HSBuddy.exe and still the same error (The cannot be final method error). Do you think maybe installing the HS3 version then upgrading to the HS4 version might work?
            sdanks I followed up with you directly on DM

Comment

Originally posted by BJH View Post
              OK. I performed the steps to upgrade from HSBuddy 3 to now 4.33.906.1. According to the log it worked correctly, and I enabled HSbuddy.
              ON MY PHONE, I went to by dashboard(s) and was able to turn a light on/off - so sounds good so far.
              However, by next step was to ensure the latest versions of dashboards are updated - so I have attempted to UPLOAD from phone to HS (which is running on a windows 10 PC). I g
              et "Operation Failed" after 10-15 seconds. I tried DOWNLOADING (since they were sync'd they should be the same) and I get the same error after about 10 secs, Operation Failed.
              Android phone using 1.0.80. (I have fire tablets also but haven't tried them yet). So no need to update the tablets/phones, right?
              thanks,
              JOE
              There's no need to update the phone app when you update the plugin. The error you are getting could be unrelated - I think the best next step would be to send feedback from the app:
              1. Start a bug report from Options > Feedback
              2. Retry the operation to upload/download the dashboard
              3. Send the bug report tapping on the paper-plane icon at the top-left corner

Comment

I am having issues adding zigbee devices to dashboards, I can not add controls only can add the status. am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Have you tried to enabe 'Use legacy device loader' within the plugin settings?
                  After that, my dimming slider control was available again for Zigbee dimmer devices.

Comment

Originally posted by legato View Post
                    Have you tried to enabe 'Use legacy device loader' within the plugin settings?
                    After that, my dimming slider control was available again for Zigbee dimmer devices.
                    no did not help can only add it with a label or status no controls

Comment

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post

no did not help can only add it with a label or status no controls
                      Hi. I can look into this. What is the plugin you used to add the device? Is it an HS4 or HS3 plugin?

Would you be able to send a feedback report from the app? You can do it from Menu > Options > Feedback. In te report please add the device ref # or name.

Out of curiosity, in the app, does the device show controls when you open its details from the Devices section?

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Hi. I can look into this. What is the plugin you used to add the device? Is it an HS4 or HS3 plugin?

Would you be able to send a feedback report from the app? You can do it from Menu > Options > Feedback. In te report please add the device ref # or name.

Out of curiosity, in the app, does the device show controls when you open its details from the Devices section?
                        HS4 plugin

Out of curiosity, in the app, does the device show controls when you open its details from the Devices section? yes there are there

just sent the feedback with the device name and ref #, I tried other zigbee devices and same issues. I can control them but cant add the controls to a dashboard. only the labels can be added

Comment

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post

HS4 plugin

Out of curiosity, in the app, does the device show controls when you open its details from the Devices section? yes there are there

just sent the feedback with the device name and ref #, I tried other zigbee devices and same issues. I can control them but cant add the controls to a dashboard. only the labels can be added
                          Hello again. Thanks for sending the report. I think the problem is that 1171 does not define controls, but instead those are defined in the feature (child) device 1174 which is named "On/Off". I've noticed that this naming scheme is common for devices created by native HS4 plugins - I think I will have to change how device names are displayed in HSBuddy accordingly.

In the meantime, can you check if there's device named "On/Off"? If you add that device does it show the controls?

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Hello again. Thanks for sending the report. I think the problem is that 1171 does not define controls, but instead those are defined in the feature (child) device 1174 which is named "On/Off". I've noticed that this naming scheme is common for devices created by native HS4 plugins - I think I will have to change how device names are displayed in HSBuddy accordingly.

In the meantime, can you check if there's device named "On/Off"? If you add that device does it show the controls?
                            yes I can add it by the label, screenshots hope this helps (dosing protection) Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221120_143455_HSBuddy.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1576694Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221120_143420_HSBuddy.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1576695

Comment

Been following this since the intro of dashboards but only upgraded today from 3.x to 4.x
                              Disabled and deleted the 3.x, and installed the 4.x without shutting down HS4 in between.

Now on HS4 startup I get:
                              Code:
                              Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI'. Assembly: 'HSPI_HSBuddy, Version=4.37.118.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
                              The plugin also shows as uninstalled.

Thoughts avargaskun ? Thanks.

edit - adding environments
                              - Win10Pro
                              - HS4 4.2.2.0
                              - Running HSPI_HSBuddy from a command prompt produces the following:

Code:
                              Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI'. Assembly: 'HSPI_HSBuddy, Version=4.37.118.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
                              at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.Main(String[] args)

Comment

Hi McGarrett! Thank you for trying the plug-in. There were earlier reports about this issue in Win10 but I have not been able to reproduce the same error. Perhaps sdanks may have an update on if/how this was solved on his system?

You mentioned you are on version 4.2.2.0 of HS4 - any chance of updating to a more recent version? I'm not sure if that is the issue, but there's been several releases of HS4 since (up to 4.2.16.0). Just trying to eliminate the possibility of this being caused by an older version of those binaries.

Comment

Working...
                                X