Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you are running on Windows, one way to get more information about this error would be to use the tool Fusion++ available here: https://github.com/awaescher/Fusion/releases

From that page you can download the ZIP for the latest release (v1.5) - extract all files and run the file Fusion++.exe. Once the tool loads:
    • Make sure the plugin is fully stopped in HS
    • Hit the "Record" button in Fusion++
    • Attempt to start the plugin from the HS website
    • Inspect the output in Fusion++ - are there any warning errors that seem suspicious?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Avargaskun. I have interesting behaviour to report, not from Fusion++ but from user interaction.

To summarize:
      • I had deleted version 3 of HSBuddy from HS4, and installed v4.x of HSBuddy
      • v4.x of HSBuddy would throw an error upon HS4 reboot
      • HSBuddy v4.x did not show up in my list of plugins under "manage", and still appeared as available to install under "add"
      So it appears as I have no controllable or loadable instance of HSBuddy in HS4.

Told wife HSBuddy is temporarily down. Wife did not process my statement and used HSBuddy anyway. And it worked!

Logs show all actions invoked by HSBuddy mobile app running as usual, but no HSBuddy interface in HS4 So I have no idea which version is operating, 3 or 4.

Rolled back to latest version of HS4 from backups (with v3 still installed), and will evaluate next steps.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
        Hi McGarrett! Thank you for trying the plug-in. There were earlier reports about this issue in Win10 but I have not been able to reproduce the same error. Perhaps sdanks may have an update on if/how this was solved on his system?

You mentioned you are on version 4.2.2.0 of HS4 - any chance of updating to a more recent version? I'm not sure if that is the issue, but there's been several releases of HS4 since (up to 4.2.16.0). Just trying to eliminate the possibility of this being caused by an older version of those binaries.
        I believe my problem was that I was running a much older version of Homeseer. There were some changes that several of the plugins needed to call in the base of Homeseer that was not installed on my computer. Once I updated to the correct HS version or higher, started working.
        A computer's attention span is as long
        as it's powercord.

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post

I believe my problem was that I was running a much older version of Homeseer. There were some changes that several of the plugins needed to call in the base of Homeseer that was not installed on my computer. Once I updated to the correct HS version or higher, started working.
          Thank you for the update! McGarrett when you decide to roll-forward again it may be better to try with a newer HomeSeer version (I've been using 4.2.16.0 with no issues so far)

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Thank you for the update! McGarrett when you decide to roll-forward again it may be better to try with a newer HomeSeer version (I've been using 4.2.16.0 with no issues so far)
            Originally posted by sdanks View Post

Agreed. Thank you both for the input. Unless security related, I avoid updates when everything is stable, but clearly it might be time.

Comment

Originally posted by McGarrett View Post

Agreed. Thank you both for the input. Unless security related, I avoid updates when everything is stable, but clearly it might be time.
              In the past when I have upgraded, I have lost all my configuration. So I only update when I have to time to devote to possible problems.
              The thing I like about Homeseer is that it just runs on a small computer in my garage in a Media center and it runs all the time.
              I dont really have to think about it. Lights, Security, Reminders are all automatic.
              A computer's attention span is as long
              as it's powercord.

Comment

Working...
              X