X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS buddy client issue

Hi,

struggling to get a client registered.

I had one registered and even though it was seeing it in Homeseer the linked events/geolocations weren’t working so I decided to start again.

removed the client and then disabled and attempted to reenable on my phone, it asks me which of my 2 servers to connect to, I choose and then the radio button disables itself again.

the HSBuddy config is set to allow any users.

any help appreciated.

Hi there.

Is your client configured to connect via MyHomeSeer? If you're using a direct connection instead, make sure it is through an address that is reachable through the internet. Using an IP on your home LAN won't work for geolocation.

If that doesn't apply, can you send a feedback report from the app? You can start a report from Options > Feedback, then retry enabling geolocation, then go back and complete the report. That might help figure out what's going on.

Comment

I’ve changed them both (I am using 2 systems, one HS3 and 1 HS4) both via my homeseer.

the HS3 one passes the connection test, the HS4 one passes the MYHS test but fails the HSBuddy one with a 403 error.

so how do I add the clients to the fully working one and any idea how to fix the 403 for the 2nd one?

Comment

The clients should be able to use geolocation for the HS3 server that's accesible, just disable the HS4 server from the list when enabling the feature.

When you get the connection error for the HS4 service, tap on the "Details" button under the plug-in results for additional information on what caused the 403 error. If you can, share a screenshot of that screen here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, I’ll do a test of the HS3 shortly.

there is no details button under the failure, or at least not in IOS. But the error is Error, invalid credentials, CODE 403.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor-austin View Post
            Hi, I’ll do a test of the HS3 shortly.

there is no details button under the failure, or at least not in IOS. But the error is Error, invalid credentials, CODE 403.
            That is odd. If you submit a feedback report from the app that may have additional information. You need to first start the report from Options > Feedback, then do the "Test and Save" under Connections then submit the report.

Comment

It’s working fine now. Just a glitch in the matrix I guess

Comment

Working...
              X