This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Have you tested/compared your to something like PHLocation + EgiGeoZone? I'm curious if there is a speed of location update difference to Homeseer?
    I have not tested PHLocation or the related location apps for iOS/Android. Since EgiGeoZone pushes location directly to the server I would assume there would be no perceptible speed difference. The reason I added this feature to HSBuddy was mainly for convenience

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Any plans for 'Event Action Questions'?
    Yes! I've been thinking about adding support in the plug-in for push notification action buttons, with a way to bind an action to each button. For example, to be able to send a push notification for "Garage door left open" with a "Close it" action button. I don't have a concrete ETA, but it's something I already have in my to-do list.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by theendisnye View Post
        When ever I enable the plugin I get the following error

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from HSBuddy - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

any ideas

Steve
        Normally this happens when one of the pre-requisites for the plugin is not available in the server. Could you check that's not the case? More info here: http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net/pages/ser...l#requirements

Otherwise, the following information would be helpful:
        • Any errors showing up in your HS3 logs
        • Your HS3 server configuration (copy/paste from under MESSAGE BOARD in the /help page)

Thanks,
        Antonio

Comment

Unable to activate Geo on android client

When I go into settings on the android app and try to enable Geolocation, it comes back after a few second with the following error:

Failed to initialize the geolocation
          service. Please make sure that the
          latest version of the HSBuddy plugin
          is installed and enabled on your HS3 server.

I have the latest version 3.9.605.5.

Here is what is in the HS3 log:

Jun-05 11:39:59 Error Authenticating SSL stream: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
          Jun-05 11:39:44 Error Authenticating SSL stream: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
          Jun-05 11:39:29 Error Authenticating SSL stream: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.

I turned on debug logging and this was also put into the log:

Jun-05 11:44:59 HSBuddy Observed client "moto x4" with UUID: 999f99b9d99e9999
          Jun-05 11:44:58 HSBuddy Observed client "moto x4" with UUID: 999f99b9d99e9999
          Jun-05 11:44:56 HSBuddy Observed client "moto x4" with UUID: 999f99b9d99e9999

I only have SSL turned on at my HS3 server and I have the accept invalid certificates checked in the app. I do not use MyHomeSeer and have a dedicated IP on my firewall for HS3 and do port forwarding to my HS3 server

Michael
          HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
          Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
          BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

I am beyond impressed at the quality of your plugin and associated mobile app and how polished your interfaces and screens are. The feature set is spot on to what is badly needed. Please consider charging for this plug-in to go towards your time spent. I was just about to suggest some caching to speed up the mobile load time, and I just found you already pushed that change on Sunday. A+ your work is appreciated, I am sure you know this already.

Phil

Comment

I am loving this app, feels "High Quality".

Some questions about geofencing, I've been mucking around with egigeozone and phlocation recently. One thing I noticed was the remarkable difference in trigger speed between using Google vs Pathsense geofencing API, it's a selectable option in the app and Pathsense is noticeably better.

Can you provide a brief description of the geofencing process? Does the app send long/lat only to the server, and fence events are processed on the server? Or is the fence event processed on the mobile device? Is the server making calls to the Google geofencing API, if so any possibility of using PathSense in the future?

Currently it seems geofencing is only possible when connecting via MyHS. Even though I have a reverse SSL proxy that makes HS3 available anywhere (local or internet) when I try to enable geofencing with a "Direct" connection the app refuses to do so. Could this be tweaked with a warning instead of barring enabling altogether?

Two feature requests:

For devices in favourites view, could an option please be added that single tapping toggles a device on off, rather than having to long press then select a value.

A bit of a stretch but: BLE beacon fences as an optional alternative to geofencing. EgiGeoZone is currently implementing this in its EgiGeoZoneBT beta product.

Thanks again for your work, are you running a donation anywhere at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                When I go into settings on the android app and try to enable Geolocation, it comes back after a few second with the following error:

Failed to initialize the geolocation
                service. Please make sure that the
                latest version of the HSBuddy plugin
                is installed and enabled on your HS3 server.
                Hi Michael,

I think this may have been caused by a self-signed certificate or one that does not match the host name of the server. I've made a quick change to the validation, could you give it another try? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
                Antonio

Comment

Originally posted by pciccone View Post
                  I am beyond impressed at the quality of your plugin and associated mobile app and how polished your interfaces and screens are. The feature set is spot on to what is badly needed. Please consider charging for this plug-in to go towards your time spent. I was just about to suggest some caching to speed up the mobile load time, and I just found you already pushed that change on Sunday. A+ your work is appreciated, I am sure you know this already.

Phil
                  Thanks Phil. I appreciate the support. It's in my to-do list to add support for donations in the app or in the plug-in, but I haven't gotten around to it

Comment

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                    Can you provide a brief description of the geofencing process? Does the app send long/lat only to the server, and fence events are processed on the server? Or is the fence event processed on the mobile device? Is the server making calls to the Google geofencing API, if so any possibility of using PathSense in the future?
                    Those are all great questions! There's a "How does it work?" section in the documentation, I would recommend taking a quick look at it. Specifically: Yes, the app simply sends lat/lon information to the server (and it only does so when it detects movement, to preserve battery). The computation of whether a device is inside/outside a fence happens all in the server. The math is all built into the plug-in, it does not use an external API.

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                    Currently it seems geofencing is only possible when connecting via MyHS. Even though I have a reverse SSL proxy that makes HS3 available anywhere (local or internet) when I try to enable geofencing with a "Direct" connection the app refuses to do so. Could this be tweaked with a warning instead of barring enabling altogether?
                    Are you using a self-signed certificate in your reverse SSL proxy? If so, there was a problem with the way I was validating connectivity to the server. Could you give it another try and let me know if it lets you enable it this time?

Thanks!
                    Antonio

Comment

checked this out when you first offered.. and just installed again. WOW.. very nice!!! going to check it out some, when I get some time in a few hours
                      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Hi Antonio -
                        Have you considered adding dead bolt pin code management to the app? It would be terrific if you could choose a lock and add/delete pin codes and names associated with them. I know Rich exposed that information in the API so it should be possible. I have the information if you need it. It would be a huge addition.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                          Hi Michael,

I think this may have been caused by a self-signed certificate or one that does not match the host name of the server. I've made a quick change to the validation, could you give it another try? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
                          Antonio
                          I turned off my wifi and went into the app. I tried the default connection and now it says it timed out. I tried it with and without a username and password. The test result comes back with:

HS3 Server
                          The request timed out

HSBuddy Plug-in
                          The request timed out.

I also tried putting in my external IP for the server and it still times out. I watched my firewall logs and do not even see an attempt to get to the server.

My cert is named based

If I turn back on the wifi, I connect fine both with the default only and the default and local enabled.

In the HS3 setup there is the section within Network for the Web Server Settings. In your setup directions, do you talk about the first setting in HS3 Web Server Settings called:

Enable Server for Remote Access

and if it should be checked or not checked? I have mine checked. I am thinking this is the issue as a mouse over says "If checked will only allow connections from HomeSeer system IP addresses"

Michael
                          HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                          Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                          BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

So up and running but cant figure out how to show icons and how to go with a color theme. Any pointers appreciated. From phone cant add attachments
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Are you using a self-signed certificate in your reverse SSL proxy? If so, there was a problem with the way I was validating connectivity to the server. Could you give it another try and let me know if it lets you enable it this time?

Thanks!
                              Antonio
                              Yes, I am indeed using a self signed certificate.

I have my Root-CA certificate imported into Android, which removes any certificate errors for my proxy in apps like Chrome. In HSBuddy though, I still have to enable "Allow invalid certificates". The app is not referencing the user imported trusted root CAs perhaps?

I just updated the HSBuddy plugin and tried enabling geolocation in the mobile app while using a "direct" connection, and it worked! Fantastic and thanks

Comment

The computation of whether a device is inside/outside a fence happens all in the server. The math is all built into the plug-in, it does not use an external API.
                                That is great to hear, it's been a real challenge trying to come up with a geofencing solution that doesn't rely on cloud services.

Comment

Working...
                                X