X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I've come across this app, and I have to say, it's extremely well done. I'm definitely gonna spend a good couple of days tinkering with it.

I do have one question though, Is there a way I can set a Virtual Device to act as a Thermostat inside the app?

Let me explain, in our office we have a couple of HVAC indoor units that are currently being controlled via IR using a Global Cache interface, so I have a Virtual Device (slider) that triggers different events that send the corresponding IR signal (cooling setpoint) to the HVAC unit, this works perfectly.

But inside the app, here's what I see under the CONTROL section of the device:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0192.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1244873

Is there a way I can change those two light bulbs to something related to Climate?

Comment

Originally posted by lmwashere View Post

I am also receiving the failed to initialize geolocation error. I connect through MyHomeseer, and I am not seeing any SSL errors. The rest of the functions of the app seem to work very well, and I really like the it. It is a major improvement over HSTouch, which I have been using for years. So thanks for this!

I am running Homeseer on a Win 10 machine.
      HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
      Plugin Version:3.9.610.5
      App Version:1.0.28

In my Homeseer log I am receiving this message when I open the app and try to turn on geolocation:
      Aug-26 9:12:32 AM HSBuddy Observed client "Jdmx4" with UUID: 9245d73a3eb45723
      Aug-26 9:12:32 AM HSBuddy Observed client "Jdmx4" with UUID: 9245d73a3eb45723
      Aug-26 9:12:30 AM HSBuddy Observed client "Jdmx4" with UUID: 9245d73a3eb45723
      I notice Michael's device is a Moto x4 as well, so thats interesting.
      Does anyone have any thoughts on what is going on?

Comment

OK this really is a great little app, however I have two simple questions - and maybe I'm missing the point somewhere ??
        • How do I monitor whether a device enters a geofence ? - There doesn't seem to be an device create in HS that I can monitor for an event. Obviously I'm relating this to PHLocation where you can say Device X is in Geofence Y..
        • The app only seems to update its location when you open it - it doesn't look like it updates in the background as you move around. Admittedly I only have it configured to connect thru MyHS - whereby with PHLocation you can do direct webservice updates if you expose the service thru your firewall. So is this app meant to update in the background ?
        Otherwise it looks great and is excellent for managing the most common devices for normal end users..

Many Thanks !!

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
          Antonio, it would be great to add support for thermostat setpoint (heat or cool) control. It shows the values but cannot control it in the app. Thanks
          any update on the thermostat control
          currently using blstat via HSTouch

Comment

Originally posted by Roobrother View Post

any update on the thermostat control
            currently using blstat via HSTouch
            so no is the answer?
            shame

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
              How does the app handle multiple houses being available through MyHS? We manage several properties that all have Homeseer and would be great to be able to have this app on all of them and then be presented with a choice of which one to connect to. I've skimmed this forum and also tried it but I'm not seeing that this is possible. Can this be done now? If not, any plans to? Thanks for the great work.
              That's exact;y what I'm waiting for. I manage 4 buildings on one property and the HS 3 app allows you to group by both building and room. HSBuddy only allows Building OR Room. A great option would be to allow: Group By - Room, Building, Building and the Room or Room and then Building. This would then blow HS3 out of the water.

Comment

Or maybe apply the grouping like is done in the favorites tab with the blue bars? That would work too. So choose group by (Building/Room) and then separate by (Room/Building)

Comment

Hi,
                  is there a possibility that HS events can be confirmed before firing ?
                  I have created a shortcut on my smartphone that starts an event to toggle my garden gate.
                  It would be very useful if the app can ask me for confirmation before it fires .

Best regards,
                  Fischi

Comment

Hey all.

Just wanted to drop a quick note that I've recently got back online and will be working on fixes and features for the app which have piled up in the backlog. I apologize for going silent for so long, I had to deal with other priorities until now. Expect to see updates rolling out in the near future.

Cheers!
                    Antonio

Comment

Hi Antonio,
                      I wanted to create shortcuts for devices and events on my Android handy.
                      Searching for devices runs OK, but not for events.
                      If I go to "shortcuts" -> "events" -> "search" and enter a known event, the app doesn't find the event.
                      If I go to "shortcuts" -> "devices" -> "search" the app finds the device I want to have.
                      Also "shortcuts" -> "favorite events" and "all events" is running OK for creating a new shortcut.

Can you test it again ?

Best regards,
                      Fischi

Comment

Do you have a donation link? I use this app on a daily basis and it's superb, way better in my opinion than many of the paid plugins, so I'd like to give something back.

Also, feature request: for devices with on/off controls (e.g. light switches, dimmers) and for devices with two controls (e.g. door locks), allow me to just tap on the device's icon in the listing to toggle the device, so I don't have to open the full device details view.

Many thanks for this app!

Comment

Love the app. Just one question. Can you use variables in the push notifications? I would like to use date and time. ii tried using $date but doesn't work.
                          Thanks
                          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                            Version 1.0.25

A couple more updates have gone up to HockeyApp, both for iOS and Android:
                            • Support adding shortcuts to cameras.
                            • Support pinning shortcuts (Android only). These are independent shortcuts that show up in the home screen, and there is no limit to how many you can add.
                            • Minor improvements in reliability for cameras

Thanks for a great app!

I have one question about shortcuts, is it possible to have a home screen shortcut (android) that runs HS event and not only opens HSBuddy event page? (ideally in background, without opening the app)

Comment

Once a while and don’t fully understand the context, I get a white screen in the app and does not refresh and/or the “All” devices or “By Location” Devices content would not refresh (for example not show icon images) or take a long time. Not sure if related to when it switches between local (with ASCII enabled) and MyHS network connection or cannot access it. Also a few times the Camera images did nt get refreshed while the camera image is more recent (mostly on iPad, less on iPhone). Otherwise still much enjoying this app and it’s design.

Also both the iPad and iPhone have been updated to the latest ios verion over time. Not sure if that has something to do with it as well and using HS3 version beta 478.

Comment

I've had trouble getting the plugin to work in the Linux version of HS3. I get the following errors in the log:

Initializing plug-in(1): HSBuddy Instance::System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database:k__BackingField' (2) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. at HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI.InitIO (System.String port) [0x00011] in <9d46cb9554394ff7a50f37bb6eb66665>:0 Time to load: 94 milliseconds

Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.

The plugin status reports:
                                WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from HSBuddy - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
                                I've tried 'sudo apt-get install mono-devel' but that didn't seem to help to get the plugin working.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricardo Gonzalez

Comment

Working...
                                X