This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
    It seems like the Homeseer download service (if that's what it's called) is still down. I was a very happy Imperihome user before it crashed and burned, so I've been using the stock HS3touch app, which is very basic but at least works.

I stumbled upon HSBuddy and am excited to try it, but can't down it.
    You can still use Imperihome... I do daily, on 3 devices.

Also very much looking forward to being able to replace IH with HSB once its able... IH has a lot of features I cant let go of until HSB has them and I have faith avargaskun
    can surpass IH's quality and functionality

Comment

I can't use Imperihome on iOS -- it crashes when trying to "add a system" to it. Happened after some iOS update and they never fixed it. If you're using it on an iphone, try adding a new device to it and see if it works. That's the original problem I was having.

In an effort to try and repair it, I deleted the app and reinstalled but am unable to add my home system. It comes with a demo system that's preinstalled.

Not a big deal since I've fully engulfed myself in the HSBuddy world and am very happy with what it offers me over the stock HS3touch app.

Comment

I did have something strange happen today with HSB - I launched it and it came up with a dialog asking me if I'd like to restore from a backup. Wasn't sure what was going on so I clicked OK but then after it loaded I saw that all my work with the aliases yesterday were gone, as well as a recent dashboard I had added.

I realized I had done a backup at some point to test it out but hadn't done one recently, so it reverted back to the last backup. Although we will probably never know, I wonder why it lost all of it's data?

I did see there was a way to enable automatic backups after changes, which I went ahead and turned on. This will help prevent any loss of dashboard design in the future.

I should add this is the latest version on iOS.

Comment

I was so happy with HSBuddy for the longest time, until recently. Now, the app won't save any preferences and once it's closed it default back to all the out of the box settings, which for me makes it unusable. The only thing it saves is the server info, everything else gets lost. Last night, I tried a clear data in Android, then sat and put all my settings back in like server, local vs. remote, usernames and passwords. Set all the settings, and still no better today. For those of us who absolutely don't care or need all this new stuff to just go back to what worked for the longest time? I don't need clustered devices, I don't need profiles. I LOVED the way it was before - the simplicity of it is what made this work well. Now, not only are all these extras thrown in the app no longer works properly.

Comment

Hey pciccone - sorry to hear about the settings issue. What you describe most certainly should not happen. I'll send out a PM to investigate further.

Comment

FWIW, I have the same problem on Android. any tab options I set in settings are not saved and restored to defaults on the next launch. Also on each page if I select no grouping The application goes back to grouping devices on the next launch. Even during the session some of the settings don't seem to always stick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                FWIW, I have the same problem on Android. any tab options I set in settings are not saved and restored to defaults on the next launch. Also on each page if I select no grouping The application goes back to grouping devices on the next launch. Even during the session some of the settings don't seem to always stick.
                I sent some debug data to the developer earlier this morning. Hopefully it will help find the issue.

Comment

Again, in the iOS version for me (the latest) it happened to me once - I lost all the settings and it automatically asked to restore the most recent backup when I launched the app. Not a biggie for me since I turned on the "save backups after every change" setting so if it happens again I won't lose any work.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                    FWIW, I have the same problem on Android. any tab options I set in settings are not saved and restored to defaults on the next launch.
                    Originally posted by pciccone View Post
                    I sent some debug data to the developer earlier this morning. Hopefully it will help find the issue.
                    I believe I found the root cause of these issues and posted a new version in the store last night. Let me know how it goes once you upgrade to the newest version (1.0.42).

Comment

First test, and it's working now! Thank you so much for fixing!

Comment

Just starting to play with this... I noticed many times during a 24 hr span, I see these messages in the log.
                        Jun-30 10:02:07 AM HSBuddy Cleanup thread removed 1814 entries from device history.
                        Jun-30 9:47:07 AM HSBuddy Cleanup thread removed 1728 entries from device history.
                        Jun-30 9:32:07 AM HSBuddy Cleanup thread removed 1782 entries from device history.
                        Jun-30 9:17:07 AM HSBuddy Cleanup thread removed 1778 entries from device history.

This occurs even when no client is attached. Is this usual?

Thanks,

Robert
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          This occurs even when no client is attached. Is this usual?
                          Hi Robert. Thanks for trying out HSB. What you're seeing is a cleanup thread that deletes old device history records from the DB. This happens regardless of whether clients are connected. Device history can be viewed from the HSB app if you go to the details of any device. These messages are informational only. If they are adding too much noise to the log, you can bump up the logging level of the plug-in. Go to Plug-ins -> HSBuddy -> Configuration and set Logging to Warn.

You can also turn the History feature off from the configuration pages, if you don't use it from the app. Go to Plug-ins -> HSBuddy -> Configuration, then clear the box "Include devices" in the History section, and you can click "Erase All" to remove what is already stored in the DB.

Comment

Thanks. Dumb question: What does the history feature provide? I haven't read all 36 pages of this post yet...
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

It lets you view history of a device's state, from the app. You can get to it by tapping on a device from the Devices section. You may need to scroll down. Here's a sample of what it looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3404.PNG
Views:	409
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	1397914

Comment

Cool... nice feature. So much more to discover

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X