Webpages loading slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webpages loading slowly

I know there has not been much activity on this section of the forum, which I attributed to the fact that hsmetro just works, and is easy to modify. But recently I have been having a problem with the web pages taking a long time to load. Sometimes, not loading when switching pages, but often starting to load, then pausing before all the tiles are populated. The homepage mostly seems to be loaded fine initially.
    I use 7" Fire tablets as wall interfaces, which is nice, but not having to stand there waiting for a page to come up, when you want to turn on a light or something else. But this also seems to happen when I am at my computer and want to view HSMetro in a browser.
    I use firefox on the computer, but the fire tablets obviously use another browser. I actually use fully kiosk on those.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Bruce

Current Date/Time: 11/20/2019 11:47:02
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux rock64 4.4.132-1072-rockchip-ayufan-ga1d27dba5a2e #1 SMP Sat Jul 21 20:18:03 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 4 Days 18 Hours 29 Minutes 55 Seconds
    IP Address: xx.xx.xx.xxx
    Number of Devices: 506
    Number of Events: 165
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1514
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT
    3.0.7.3: SDJ-Health
    3.0.1.19: weatherXML
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

I haven't had any real issues with HSMetro recently. Occasionally some of the tiles don't update with device changes. But closing the browser (firefox in my case) and reloading fixes the issue.

I did once have issues with pages loading slowly. This was while ago and I can't recall the exact fix.

You could try the following:
    1) clear the cache on all your devices (tablets, PCs) that you use to view HSMetro
    2) check the 'refresh rates' of you HSMetro pages and tiles. If the refresh rate it too quick it can bog down NodeJS.
    3) see if updating to the latest NodeJS helps.......but I would be surprised if this made any difference.

I see you are running a Linux based system. So you shouldn't have any issues with maximum number of websockets.

Are you running NodeJs (HSMetro) on the same system as HS?
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Thanks for the reply,mminehan

It seems to be variable, and I am looking at another issue, which may affect this. Sometimes I get an error in the log:
      Error Problem serializing data for JSON request: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      This seems to slow down my zwave commands, which seems to slow down the responsiveness of the whole system.
      Talking about this on another thread. - possible battery operated motion sensors, or some scripts. But I don't make any json calls.
      So...

If I can figure that out, maybe the webpages will load faster

How do you check the refresh rate of the HSMetro pages? In a config file?

Thanks
      Bruce

Comment

Working...
      X