• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    Yeah that is correct

Device ref 567 raises the temp and the output from getcontrol request is
    PHP Code:
    {"ControlPairs":[{"Do_Update":true,"SingleRangeEntry":true,"ControlButtonType":0,"ControlButtonCustom":"","CCIndex":0,"Range":{"RangeStart":50,"RangeEnd":90,"RangeStatusDecimals":1,"RangeStatusValueOffset":0,"RangeStatusDivisor":0,"ScaleReplace":"","HasScale":false,"RangeStatusPrefix":"","RangeStatusSuffix":" @S@"},"Ref":567,"Label":"(value) F","ControlType":9,"ControlLocation":{"Row":1,"Column":1,"ColumnSpan":4},"ControlLoc_Row":1,"ControlLoc_Column":1,"ControlLoc_ColumnSpan":4,"ControlUse":0,"ControlValue":50,"ControlString":"","ControlStringList":null,"ControlStringSelected":null,"ControlFlag":false}],"ref":567,"name":"Thermostat Heat Set Point ","location":"Great Room","location2":"Z-Wave Node 8"

Can you also send me getstatus for refID 567?

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
      Can you also send me getstatus for refID 567?
      PHP Code:
      {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":567,"name":"Thermostat Heat Set Point ","location":"Great Room","location2":"Z-Wave Node 8","value":73,"status":"73 F","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Heating 1 Setpoint","last_change":"\/Date(1426595588276)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[545],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":6,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Setpoint","Device_SubType":1,"Device_SubType_Description":"Heating 1"},"device_image":""}]} 
      Don

Comment

The UI is working very well and reliably. I now have it running on Windows PCs, Android tablets & phablets, Nokia Lumia and Apple phones... All look fab !

Just wanted to get an idea when drag&drop tiles will be in operation to make organising screen layout simple

Also have you looked at the thermostat "sending control command" issue we were discussing.
        Although I have the proxy running in a terminal window for now, the Proxy Service not starting issue is still a problem.

I'd be interested in what others wish-list might be, so here's a few from me

An option added to allow tile images to be visible or invisible
        Location1 font size be made configurable
        Tile color be expanded into colorON and colorOFF
        New tile types for Image/Snapshots and Cameras

Thanks
        Neil

Comment

New version worked much better. Please see image. Tried to add second Thermostat but it didn't show up. Get errors when trying to use buttons.
          Attached Files
          Don

Comment

I was hoping to have Drag n Drop initially, but it proved to be problematic with the tiles since touching a tile usually causing a command to be sent. I still hope to get it working.

As for your other features, I'll add them to the list. The color options are easy as is the icons being visible or not.

But first is to get this thing working perfectly for everyone. As for your issue with the proxy, I'm at a loss since it works in the terminal window AND you previously had it working as a service. If it worked once, it should work again. Just out of curiosity, for the Arguments field in nssm, you only entered proxy.js <IP> <port> and not the full path like I had previously in the docs?

Comment

OK thanks.....yes I'm using argument proxy.js ip port
              I'll do some more investigation my end then and let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                New version worked much better. Please see image. Tried to add second Thermostat but it didn't show up. Get errors when trying to use buttons.
                Looking at the console output I see there are 2 different IP addresses. This could the problem in your home.HTML.
                Neil

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                  Looking at the console output I see there are 2 different IP addresses. This could the problem in your home.HTML.
                  Neil
                  Nice catch! I didn't see that until just now!

Comment

Hi Everyone...

Yes. There is an invalid " inside the json file. I will post a new build to correct, but fortunately, I included the required package in the 1.0.3 version so you can actually skip the "npm install" step.
                    So, I have made some good progress, by following the troubleshooting steps that Neil followed from post #91 onwards.

I am now at the stage where I can run the node proxy.js in a command prompt and see the commands from toggling devices. I have the ASCII control enabled and the control port set to 11000 in the HS Network tab and the same port in the command prompt argument.

1. I have configured the service with the same arguments that I am using in the command prompt, but I cannot get the service to start. The FW makes no difference to the command prompt instance and when switched off still doesn't allow the service to start.

2. I can't get the home page to work with anything other than the Weather and Clock even when the command prompt is showing the commands updating. Perhaps I am not understanding the ports correctly. Currently I have everything set to 11000, including in the home.html definition, but I saw references to port 6512 also in the instructions.

Neither of these two test tiles are showing anything right now when I toggle the device - even though I see the updates in the command window:

Code:
                        <hsdevice class="hstile" id="media_oh" params="url: 'http://192.168.1.184', ref: 161, color: 'yellow', icons: {
                                                          'on': '/images/HomeSeer/status/on.gif', 
                                                          'off': '/images/HomeSeer/status/off.gif'},
                                                            proxyIP: '192.168.1.184', proxyPort: '6512'"></hsdevice>

<hsdevice class="hstile" id="kitchen_light" params="url: 'http://192.168.1.184', ref: 161, color: 'steel', icons: {
                                                            proxyIP: '192.168.1.184', proxyPort: '11000'"></hsdevice>
                    The proxy is running on the same box as HS3 and I have triple checked the device ref ID. In the command prompt I see this type of update:

Code:
                    From remote to proxy DC,161,0,35
                    From proxy to remote DC,161,0,35
                    In case it matters, I am running Win 8.1 with HS3 and the Command Prompt running as Administrator. I have .157 of HS3 and the latest posted version of HSMetro from the first post.

What can I try next for these 2 issues?

Thanks
                    James
                    cheeryfool

Comment

The proxy automatically connects to port 1100 for the ASCII interface. The port that you specific in the command line is the port that the UI connects to and receives broadcasts from the proxy. So you can't use 11000 because that's the port the proxy is using to receive from HS. Port 6512 is the default port the proxy broadcasts on if you do not specify a port. So if you just ran Node proxy.js you would need to set the proxyPort parameter to 6512. So remove your proxy service-- nssm remove <service name> and stop it from the command prompt. Rerun the proxy at the command prompt by either not specifying a port or use a different one other than 11000. I personally use 8000, but it makes no difference either way if you use that or 6512.

Comment

The proxy automatically connects to port 1100 for the ASCII interface. The port that you specific in the command line is the port that the UI connects to and receives broadcasts from the proxy. So you can't use 11000 because that's the port the proxy is using to receive from HS. Port 6512 is the default port the proxy broadcasts on if you do not specify a port. So if you just ran Node proxy.js you would need to set the proxyPort parameter to 6512. So remove your proxy service-- nssm remove <service name> and stop it from the command prompt. Rerun the proxy at the command prompt by either not specifying a port or use a different one other than 11000. I personally use 8000, but it makes no difference either way if you use that or 6512.
                        OK, understood and modified. Now have no service installed; command prompt is connected on 11000 and broadcasting on 8000. HTML is modified to use port 8000. I switched the device to a binary zwave switch

Code:
                            <hsdevice class="hstile" id="stair_light" params="url: 'http://192.168.1.184', ref: 197, color: 'yellow', icons: {
                                                                proxyIP: '192.168.1.184', proxyPort: '8000'"></hsdevice>
                        Command prompt shows updates still, but I still see nothing on the GUI tile - completely blank.

I am sure I am still doing something wrong. Thanks
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Can you launch the developer tools in Chrome and tell me what the error is in the console?

Comment

Can you launch the developer tools in Chrome and tell me what the error is in the console?
                            So, looking at the console from a location away from the home network showed all sorts of errors. I stepped back to look at the console on a browser within the home network and it's showing a 404 error:

Code:
                            Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)  http://192.168.1.184/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=197
                            XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://192.168.1.184/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=197. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header index.html:1 is present on the requested resource.  Origin 'http://192.168.1.184:81' is therefore not allowed access.  The response had HTTP status code 404.
                            Guess we should figure out the local before figuring out whether remote access is achievable.
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Nav Tiles

Any way to easily have tiles take us to other pages?
                              Don

Comment

Cheeryfool are you able to copy paste that JSON getstatus url in a browser and get a response?

Comment

Working...
                                X