Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, dig the fact that you've got a tile for last caller. Let me update the code for the next build to remove the default icon for unknown status. That will clean that tile up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
      Cheeryfool. Grab the latest Nest plugin from that sub forum. The fix for your issue is in that build.

Thanks. Will update that tonight.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Is that error occurring when you try to raise/lower the temp or toggle the mode by just tapping the tile?
        I was trying to raise/lower the temp. Tapping the tile successfully changes the mode. I didn't realize that was how it worked.

Can you please post a screenshot of the Status Graphics page for one of your setpoint devices? For Nests, the plugin currently works by sending a 1000 or 1001 to raise/lower the temp. I want to see what your zwave device is sending to incrementally raise/lower the temp. I'm also waiting on a JSON fix that will allow me to universally just tell the t-stat what temp to go to without having to increment/decrement by a single value.
        One other thing you can try for me is to do this:

http://<HS IP>/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue?ref=<setpoint device refID>&value=<some value you want your temp to be>

Let me know if you get an error or if HS actually updates your setpoint to the new temp.
        I get a 'bad response' back.

As requested, here is the image requested.

Thanks
        Attached Files
        Don

Comment

Sweet!
          BTW, dig the fact that you've got a tile for last caller. Let me update the code for the next build to remove the default icon for unknown status. That will clean that tile up for you.
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            Thanks. Will update that tonight.

Yup, that worked. Thanks
            cheeryfool

Comment

Sorry guys...I can't get z-wave t-stats working until the JSON issue is resolved. The only t-stat I can control is Nest due to the fact that it only allows me to increment up/down one degree at a time. Looking at the screenshots provided for a z-wave t-stat, I don't see anything similar.

I should have a new build today or tomorrow that addresses a few minor issues and removes the requirement to have so many parameters in the widget html.

Comment

Can't start service

Wayne

I have been playing with the layout and really think this is a great solution, with lots of promise - thank you.

I am still struggling with running this as a service however. It's fine running the node proxy.js in an Admin Command Prompt, but I am failing somewhere to get the config working for the service.

It installs the service [using an Admin Command Prompt], but when I go to start it, it throws a generic "cannot start" message. When I look at Event Viewer it says:

"The HSProxyService service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the path specified."

Node.exe is located in: C:\Program Files\nodejs\

I am running Win 8.1 x64

I have tried the path as:

C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe

and

"C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe"

The Startup directory is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\hsmetro and I have tried this with and without the quote marks

And I have the arguments as:

proxy.js 192.168.1.184 8000

which is the same as the command prompt which is operating correctly. I have also ensured that I close the command prompt before installing or trying to start the service

So far I can't figure this out. Any ideas?

Cheers
                James
                cheeryfool

Comment

I'm not sure what the issue is. Is everyone that can't get the proxy installed as a service on Windows 8.1 x64?

I just tried on a random Windows 7 computer and had no issues. I've got my proxy installed as as service on my S6 HomeTroller (also Windows 7) and no issues there either.

I'm in the process of cleaning up an x64 Windows 8.1 instance so once I get a chance I will test on that and report back.

Comment

I just tested on Win 8.1 x64 and also did not have any issues. Node x64 installed automatically and I used the x64 version of NSSM which is included in the zip file. My paths were the same as indicated here. I did not use any quotes. I simply used the browse buttons to select everything.

For my arguments I did proxy.js <ip> and installed the service with and without ports being specified. Without the port being specified, the proxy defaults to 6512.

Comment

Having similar problems w/ WIN7. Haven't gotten to the point where it's troublesome yet, just start it from the DOS prompt. Of course that won't be the case when I stop just playing with it.

Still pretty darn cool.
                      Don

Comment

I'm really at a loss on this one. NSSM is just a tool to create the service. I've tried it on bunch of different images and have been able to successfully create the service, per the instructions I've provided. Like I said, I even have it running on my hometroller. If someone wants to do a screen sharing with me maybe we can figure it out together.

BTW, new build will include support for NetCams. I've got a new widget called <staticimage> that will allow you to display any image in your HS html folder. Plus you can specify the refresh rate. I've got an event set up to take stills every 5 minutes. My widget then refreshes every 5 minutes to show the latest picture.

Comment

Just want to make sure we are all on the same page here - there is no issue creating the service.....the problem is starting it

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                            Just want to make sure we are all on the same page here - there is no issue creating the service.....the problem is starting it
                            I understand that. I've been able to start it every time I've created it. So I really don't know what's going on. At first I thought it might be Windows 8.1 specific, but once I tested it on my VM and had no issues, that killed that theory.

Comment

I have a number of virtual devices that just have a value range such as the example attached, but still cannot get the icon image to appear in HSmetro. In this case what should the <hsstatusdevice> icons parameter look like because there is no on or off?
                              Attached Files

Comment

The next build will remove the ? icon for tiles that don't have status text. There is nothing to bind the icon to when you've got devices like that. So you end up with a tile that just displays text.

Comment

Working...
                                X