X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather tile still not working

Is there any news on the weather tile?
    Mine is still blank. But I am using "Auckland" as the zip code which used to work.
    Marty
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Active tabs on navbar

Hi Wposner,

I'm having trouble with the active tabs on the navbar.

The home page works tab fine (white text on black background). But all the other tabs are white text on hoverover and click with no background. As soon as I click anything else on the page the tab text changes back to grey. (see attached images)

I can't find where in the code the class = active comes from.
      Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Marty.
      Attached Files

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
        Is there any news on the weather tile?
        Mine is still blank. But I am using "Auckland" as the zip code which used to work.
        Marty
        I have an updated library that I need to test. If it works, I'll upload a new build.

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
          Hi Wposner,

I'm having trouble with the active tabs on the navbar.

The home page works tab fine (white text on black background). But all the other tabs are white text on hoverover and click with no background. As soon as I click anything else on the page the tab text changes back to grey. (see attached images)

I can't find where in the code the class = active comes from.
          Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Marty.
          I'm not understanding what the issue is. The background is not true black, while the selected tab is. So when you hover over a tab, it should change to white and when you select it, it should stay white while the it's background becomes true black. The best way to figure out what's going on with the CSS is to open the Chrome Dev tools and then drill down until you get to the nav bar.

Comment

Navbar active tab

Originally posted by wposner View Post
            I'm not understanding what the issue is. The background is not true black, while the selected tab is. So when you hover over a tab, it should change to white and when you select it, it should stay white while the it's background becomes true black. The best way to figure out what's going on with the CSS is to open the Chrome Dev tools and then drill down until you get to the nav bar.
            Soooo....I have spent a bit of time trying to debug this. I think the problem may in the nav-bar.js file. This line in particular:

items.push("<li data-bind='css: { active: route().page === '" + property + "' }> <a href='#" + property + "'>"+navBarLabels[property]+"</a> </li>");
            You can see from the attached Chrome developer screen shot that the home-page gets a class="active" attached (just above highlighted line).

But the subsequent tabs (1 through to what ever) are not formatted the same. There seems to be an issue with single and double quotes.

Hope you can see what I mean.

Marty
            Attached Files

Comment

So...I got the single/double quote issue sorted in the nav-bar.js file. I changed the line to:
              items.push('<li data-bind="css: { active: route().page === \'' + property + '\' }\"> <a href=\'#' + property + '\' >'+navBarLabels[property]+'</a> </li>');
              But I still can't work our where the class="active" is inherited from? Only the home page tab become active when clicked (white text on black background). The other tabs are not active when clicked.

Does that make sense?

M

Comment

The styling of the Nav bar is controlled by the bootstrap component. It's nothing that I've specifically built. Any styling changes you're looking to make will be found in the bootstrap css file. But honestly I still don't understand exactly what the issue is that you're trying to solve.

Comment

Whilst I'm not too bothered by this issue, I can confirm there is a difference in behavior of the navbar between version 2.8.3-5 and the 2.9.1-2 which I am trying out. With the earlier build when selecting any navbar item the text background changes to black. With the later build the selected navbar background remains dark grey. What also happens is when the focus changes to another window (say when right clicking to see the version number) the selected navbar text changes from white to grey and when you close the version box the text remain grey and you now don't see which navbar item was previously selected. So although I could live with it, it isn't correct.

Comment

Thanks Naellis for explaining the problem better than I did.

Like you said, it's not a major issue but it would be nice if it worked properly.

Marty

Comment

I should add that the 'Home' navbar item works correctly - it's just the others that don't......

Comment

Starting the Proxy Server

I have experience some troubles in getting the proxy service to connect to HS immediately after a restart of HS. The behavior is also the same if trying to start the proxy from a cmd window. I think I have now narrowed the issue down to the HS JSON flag in Setup/Network. Here is what happens

1. HS restarts
                        2. JSON is shown as enabled
                        3. Manually try to start HSproxyService fails to connect to server port 11000

4. I then disable and then enable JSON in Setup/Network
                        5, HSproxyService starts correctly

So, it appears to be an HS issue but I don't know for sure

Has anyone else had similar behavior ? Any thoughts on what might be going on would be appreciated.....

Comment

Weather fixed

For those wanting to fix the weather tile you can download an updated version of the required files from"
                          http://simpleweatherjs.com

Download version 3.1.0 and extract jquery.simpleWeather.js and jquery.simpleWeather.min.js into the libs folder in HSMetro.

It does use the big background pictures for the weather icons....but it works.

Marty

Comment

<Quote>
                            **Ver 2.9.1-1
                            --Fixed bug where refresh icon was not visible on the refresh tile widget
                            </Quote>
                            Hello,

I just upgraded to 2.9.1-2 but I still do not get any icon in my refresh tile.
                            There are no errors in the dev window. Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks.

Comment

I've added a new weather library to the top of this thread which fixes the weather widget. Just rename to .js and drop in your libs folder.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                                I've added a new weather library to the top of this thread which fixes the weather widget. Just rename to .js and drop in your libs folder.
                                This fixed it this morning but now has stopped working - I now get a popup box saying "undefined"

Comment

Working...
                                X