This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    This fixed it this morning but now has stopped working - I now get a popup box saying "undefined"

Weird - it's working again now but ignoring my units being set to c as the temperatures are in Fahrenheit.

Comment

I've been running 2.9.1-2 for a bit and haven't been able to make weather work. For some reason that widget is blank. Actually, it doesn't look like there's a widget there at all, though it is configured in home.html.

Code:
      <div class="tile-container">
                  <clock params="color: 'bg-gray'"></clock>
                  <weather params="color: 'bg-gray', zipcode: '12345', refresh: 18000000, unit: 'f'"></weather>
              </div>
      But it doesn't seem to show up in the rendered web page.

Code:
              <span class="tile-group-title">General</span>
              <div class="tile-container">
                  <clock params="color: 'bg-gray'"><div class="tile-wide fg-white bg-gray" data-bind="attr: {&quot;class&quot;: classInfo}">
          <div class="tile-content iconic" id="clock">
              <div class="cell auto-size padding20">
                  <span class="mif-alarm mif-2x" style="left: 50%;transform: translate(-50%,0%);margin-right: -50%;"></span>
                  <!--<div class="clock">-->
                  <h3 id="Date">Tuesday 12 April 2016</h3>
                  <ul class="clock">
                      <li id="hours">20</li>
                      <li id="point">:</li>
                      <li id="min">26</li>
                      <li id="point">:</li>
                      <li id="sec">25</li>
                  </ul>
              </div>
              <!--</div>-->
          </div>
      </div></clock>
                  <weather params="color: 'bg-gray', zipcode: '48335', refresh: 18000000, unit: 'f'"></weather>
              </div>
      Not sure where to go from here...

Comment

Ian,

Did you see the posts made a few postings ago about how to fix the weather widget?

Marty
        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Yep. Definitely up to date on the jquery files.

Comment

So I finally figured out why my weather widget disappeared. In the previous version of HSMetro app/require.config.js has the following line:

"simpleweather": "libs/jquery.simpleWeather.min",

That line was changed to:

"simpleweather": "libs/jQuery.simpleWeather.min",

That simple change from lower case "q" to upper case "Q" broke the weather widget for me. My guess is that it's a filesystem thing. That change wouldn't matter to a Mac or a PC running Windows, but it matters on Linux, which is where I run my instance of Homeseer and HSMetro.

All is right with the world again...

Comment

Help security camera feed

Is there a pre-baked way to display security camera feeds in a tile? I have 8 security cameras throughout my house and they all can be viewed via a URL pointing to a CGI script as follows:

http://xx.xx.xx.xx/video.cgi

Additionally, I can pass in the username/password as parameters within the url, like so:

http://userassword@xx.xx.xx.xx/video.cgi

Is there a pre-made tile that supports this particular feature, or does this warrant a feature request?

Thanks a million!

Comment

Originally posted by iamtheghost View Post
                Is there a pre-baked way to display security camera feeds in a tile? I have 8 security cameras throughout my house and they all can be viewed via a URL pointing to a CGI script as follows:

Additionally, I can pass in the username/password as parameters within the url, like so:

Is there a pre-made tile that supports this particular feature, or does this warrant a feature request?
                Would the "Load WebPage" tile suit your needs?
                Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Thanks a million!
                  There is no specific tile just for cameras, but you could try to use the static image tile and feed in the URL.

Comment

I use BlueIris for my surveillance software. You can direct camera feeds and a montage feed directly from BlueIris. Then just use a staticimage tile like so:

<staticimage id="Picture" params="imageName: 'http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX/mjpg/DRV?q=50', refresh: 10000"></staticimage>

Where xxx is your ip and port number. Even though it is a static image tile it is actually an mjpg stream. Works well.

Marty
                    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                      I use BlueIris for my surveillance software. You can direct camera feeds and a montage feed directly from BlueIris. Then just use a staticimage tile like so:

<staticimage id="Picture" params="imageName: 'http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX/mjpg/DRV?q=50', refresh: 10000"></staticimage>

Where xxx is your ip and port number. Even though it is a static image tile it is actually an mjpg stream. Works well.

Marty
                      This is great, thanks for posting. I have been after something like this for a while.
                      However, I am using a 4-port Axis 2400 and it seems to ignore the camera parameter.
                      For example, using:
                      Code:
                      http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=3
                      displays the camera on port 1. It seems to ignore the ?camera=3 part of the URL.

Any ideas? Is this a bug on the tile component?

Thanks,
                      John

Comment

If you take a look at the StaticImage.js file when it's building the URL, it's appending some stuff at the end of the path so that the auto refresh functionality works. It's basically code to make the browser believe that the image has actually changed and cause the reload.

The reason why your camera parameter doesn't work is because of the parameter that I'm appending. What you end up with is:

Code:
                        http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=3?v=xxxxxxxxxxx
                        which is invalid html. I'm not sure if mminehan did any edits on his js file to remove the ?v= from the code or not, but I'm guessing he did because that's the only way it should work. You could do the same and it should work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                          If you take a look at the StaticImage.js file when it's building the URL, it's appending some stuff at the end of the path so that the auto refresh functionality works. It's basically code to make the browser believe that the image has actually changed and cause the reload.

The reason why your camera parameter doesn't work is because of the parameter that I'm appending. What you end up with is:

Code:
                          http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=3?v=xxxxxxxxxxx
                          which is invalid html. I'm not sure if mminehan did any edits on his js file to remove the ?v= from the code or not, but I'm guessing he did because that's the only way it should work. You could do the same and it should work for you.
                          Brilliant! I edited the js file to take out the ?v and it's working great. Thanks for your help.

Comment

This looks great! My HS is on Linux, will this still work for Linux installs?

Comment

Originally posted by obrienlabs View Post
                              This looks great! My HS is on Linux, will this still work for Linux installs?
                              Yep. All the required (NPM and Node) are avail for Linux. The UI is just javascript and html.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                                Yep. All the required (NPM and Node) are avail for Linux. The UI is just javascript and html.
                                I've got node installed, one of the deps was NSSM which looks like it's Windows only.

If I skip NSSM, I get the following errors. Any insight?

Code:
                                npm WARN package.json hsmetro@2.9.1-2 No README data
                                npm WARN package.json hsmetro@2.9.1-2 No license field.
                                /
                                > cson@1.6.2 preinstall /root/HomeSeer/HSMetro/node_modules/gulp-replace-task/node_modules/applause/node_modules/cson
                                > node ./cyclic.js

module.js:327
                                    throw err;
                                    ^

Error: Cannot find module '/root/HomeSeer/HSMetro/node_modules/gulp-replace-task/node_modules/applause/node_modules/cson/cyclic.js'
                                    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
                                    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
                                    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:441:10)
                                    at startup (node.js:139:18)
                                    at node.js:968:3
                                npm ERR! Linux 4.4.0-28-generic
                                npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
                                npm ERR! node v4.4.7
                                npm ERR! npm  v2.15.8
                                npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! cson@1.6.2 preinstall: `node ./cyclic.js`
                                npm ERR! Exit status 1
                                npm ERR!
                                npm ERR! Failed at the cson@1.6.2 preinstall script 'node ./cyclic.js'.
                                npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the cson package,
                                npm ERR! not with npm itself.
                                npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
                                npm ERR!     node ./cyclic.js
                                npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
                                npm ERR!     npm bugs cson
                                npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
                                npm ERR!
                                npm ERR!     npm owner ls cson
                                npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
                                npm ERR!     /root/HomeSeer/HSMetro/npm-debug.log

Comment

Working...
                                X